Chapter Four

Justin finished making breakfast then we ran some errands he had to get done for his parents. We were driving around for a while with the windows down and music playing. He placed his hand on my leg and kept it there the whole ride. I refused to go into any place with Justin wearing his clothes. We had agreed to keep our relationship to ourselves for a while. I was also embarrassed to be seen in his clothes which were huge on me considering how tall he was. I loved just riding around with him. God knows I've waited forever to be with him. I was waiting to wake up and this all turned out to be a dream. I placed my hand on his and he turned to smile at me. He looked so amazing driving and smiling at me. I couldn't help but blush. His green eyes always mesmerized me. When we got back to Justin's how we went swimming. Growing up I was always over swimming with Justin, Alex and Sam. Sometimes Michelle would swim too, but that was rare. She hated getting her hair wet in front of boys. After grabbing towels Justin led me out his back sliding door which opened right to the pool. He tossed them on one of the lawn chairs and picked me up over his shoulder. He started running and jumped into the pool with me on his shoulder still. After coming up from underwater I splashed him.

"How come you were always so mean and distant from me growing up. If you were so in love with me?" I asked, moving my hair out of my face.

"I don't know. I was trying to hide my feelings. Alex would've killed me if he knew I liked you. I hated that you were always around, which made it hard for me. I guess I thought if I was mean, maybe you'd stop trying to be my friend. Look how that worked out. You were always over here and never got the hint." He said swimming around me.

"I just thought you hated me, which made me want to make you like me even more. Sam always told me I was wasting my time. I just wanted to fit in with you all." I said tilting my head into the water.

"That's because Sam has always had a crush on you. You're a little heart breaker." He said, pulling me underwater. I splashed water in his face when we came up.

"You and Michelle don't know anything. He's my best friend. He knows how much I like you." I swam to the side of the pool and pulled myself on the edge. I sat there with my legs in the water. Justin swam over and wrapped his arms around me.

"You are just blind, apparently. Sam has always liked you. I always told him to tell you, but I guess he didn't want to ruin your friendship. Which I understand. Sometimes revealing those types of feelings can ruin a friendship." He said kissing my knee.

"I can't see myself not being friends with Sam. He's going to hate me when he finds out about us." It made me sad thinking about losing Sam. He had always been my best friend. I spent countless nights on his bed complaining to him or just talking to him.

"He won't hate you, Katie. He might be upset, but if he's really your best friend he'll be happy for you. If anything he'll hate me." He said floating around on his back. I didn't want anyone to hate anyone. Worry filled my body. Justin swam back over to me. "Stop worrying. It'll be okay. Everyone will get over it. You deserve to be happy."

"I know. I just don't want to ruin anyone's friendship." I got up and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around myself.

"You're not going to ruin anything. Stop worrying. I promise it will be okay." He said getting out too. He grabbed his towel and started drying off.

"I hope you're right." I said opening the sliding door and going into the house. Justin had washed my clothes from the day before so I could put on some of my own clothes. "No offense but I can't wait for my parents to be back home. I miss having my own clothes." I said coming out of the bathroom in my own clothes.

"I don't know I kind of like seeing you in my clothes." He said coming over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "And I'll miss sleeping next to you." He kissed my head.

"I miss sleeping next to you. But I'm sure my parents won't be too happy knowing I've been sleeping here. I'm gonna have to get Michelle to drop me off when they get home so they think I was with her." Michelle would have to be the only person who knew about Justin and I for now. I had no idea how everyone was going to handle the idea of us being together.

"Katie, you have to stop worrying about everyone else. Be happy. You can't live your life for everyone else."