Chapter Twelve

When we got to my hotel room, I went into my purse and pulled out the yellow envelope the doctor had given me with updated pictures and the gender. I handed it to Justin, who still hadn't stopped smiling.

"Are you ready?" He asked beaming. I just nodded. He slowly pulled out the pictures and the piece of paper where they wrote down the gender. He opened the paper and smiled wide. "It's a boy!!" He said coming over to hug me. I hugged him back.

"I was so worried you didn't want this. I'm glad you're happy about it though." I said holding him tight.

"Why wouldn't I want this? This is the best news I ever could have gotten. I told you I wanted a family with you. I wasn't planning on starting this early, but we'll work it out. It'll all be okay. I'll make sure the both of you are taken care of." He said dropping his hands to my stomach again. I didn't have a large bump, but there was a small one. He leaned down and kissed my belly. My heart leapt seeing him so excited.

"Now I just need to tell our families. Sam has been the only one who knows. He was the one who brought me all the tests and took me to my appointments. I'm so thankful for him. I really hope you can be there for the birth, he's due at the beginning of March."

"I'll be done with my tech training by then. I should be at my first duty station. Maybe I can try getting stationed close to you, so I can be there." He said looking at me. His green eyes were filled with love and happiness, which made my heart melt.

"We'll figure it out. I'm sure your mom will be there to help me. She's going to be over the moon once she finds out." I said running my hands over my belly. "You can keep some of the ultrasounds if you want. Maybe the doctors will let me video call you during the ultrasounds so you can see him in action. He's already stubborn just like his daddy." I smiled.

"I'm truly over the moon, Katie. This news made this training worth it. It gives me even more of a reason to do my best for him." He placed his hands on my belly. Then he stood up and walked in front of me. He took something out of his pocket and took a deep breath. Then he got down on one knee. "I know we're still young, and you said you wanted to wait. But I don't see the point in waiting, Katie. I love you more than anything in this world. I want to spend the rest of my life with you starting right now. I don't want to wait any longer to call you my wife. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" I felt tears fill my eyes.

"Yes, I'll marry you Justin." I held my hand out so he could place the ring on my finger. It was simple and perfect.

"I was thinking, we can get legally married while you're here. Just so you can be on my insurance and the baby can be on the insurance. Then once, I get my first assignment and can take leave, we can have an actual wedding. We can even wait until this little guy is here and he can be in the wedding." He said.

"We might as well. If it'll help everything." I said. I was still in shock that Justin had proposed. I was excited and scared at the same time. My life had changed so much in just the past two and a half months. In less than a year I would have a baby and a husband.

"We can do that tomorrow. Sam can help out and witness if we need one. I just want to make sure that you and our little man are taken care of. I don't need you worrying about too much. You just need to focus on what can be controlled." He said yawning.

"Do you want to nap? We can set an alarm, then I can take you back to where you need to go." I offered. I was suddenly exhausted as well.

"You don't have to take me. I'll try to wake up early so I can go catch up with Sam. I owe him everything for being there for you. I can't imagine how hard this must be on you." He said walking over to the bed, laying down. I laid down next to him and covered him with the blanket on the bed.

"Okay. I love you, Justin." I told him, kissing his head.

"I love you, too." He told me. I put my phone beside him so he could set the alarm and make any calls when he woke up.

I woke up surrounded in darkness. I looked around and remembered where I was. Justin must have left to meet Sam and go back to his flight. My phone was next to the bed and there was a note.

I didn't want to wake you. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you so much. You've made everything so much more worth it. I can't wait to marry you and start our lives together.

I smiled and held the note to my chest. I missed him so much during his training. I wished more than anything that he would be there for all the doctors appointments. I was really enjoying all the extra time with Sam though. I forgot how much I really enjoyed his company. Instead of getting up, I rolled back over and decided to go back to sleep. Extra sleep wouldn't hurt anyone.

The rest of the weekend with Justin went great. We got married at this place off base, Sam witnessed. Justin told me once he was at his next base for training, he would start the paperwork to get me added to his insurance. I let Justin spend a lot of time with Sam. The trip back home was becoming exciting, now that I could tell everyone about the baby and the engagement. Justin would get his phone back on Monday, so he could be more involved in the doctors appointments and talk to everyone more. On the last night before Sam and I were planning to head back home we stood outside where Justin was meeting his flight. Sam gave us privacy so that we could say our 'see you laters'.

"I promise I'll call you once I get a chance on Monday. You guys drive safe back home. Thank you for coming to my graduation. It meant the world to me seeing you here. You made me so happy with the news of our son. You make sure you take great care of the both of you. I love you so much, both of you." Justin said hugging me and placing his hand on my belly. I would never get tired of feeling him touch my bump. "You'll have to let me know how everyone takes the news. We also need to start brainstorming names." He kissed my lips.

"I love you, Justin. You truly have made me the luckiest woman in the world. I'll keep you updated on everything. Focus on your training and keep us updated as well." I kissed him back hard. I could feel him holding back tears. He pressed his forehead to mine.

"Don't ever forget how much I love you both." He said before heading back to his flight. We waved and I got back into Sam's car. Surprisingly, I wasn't as sad as I thought I was. I was ready to go home and spread the good news.

"Are you ready to head back?" Sam asked. When I nodded he shifted into drive and we took off. I reclined the seat and rested my head on the pillow I brought for the car ride. I had so much I needed to do once we got back, I was exhausted just thinking about it.