Chapter Twenty Three

At the reception the wedding party had their own table we had to sit at. We all sat partnered off and of course I was sitting next to Sam. The bride and groom were introduced and ran into the venue with everyone cheering.

"Are you making a speech tonight?" Sam asked, turning to look at me, which made my body buzz with excitement.

"Of course I am. And it is going to be amazing." I said smiling at him.

"We'll see about that. What did you think of the ceremony?" He put his arm around my chair.

"I thought it was beautiful. I'm so happy she let me help with everything. They really deserved the best wedding." I looked over at Alex and Lisa. They were talking and smiling at each other.

"They are amazing together. She's brought out the best in Alex. It's amazing how your family has welcomed her in."

"I love Lisa. She's like the older sister I never asked for. She's been amazing with Aiden too. I hope they have babies at some point." I tell Sam.

"Are you ever gonna want more kids?" Sam asks, I turn back to him shocked. I never thought about it, ever since Justin passed. Justin told me he wanted more. Once he passed I guess I figured it would only ever be Aiden and I.

"I never thought about it, honestly. I suppose if I meet the right person and they accept Aiden well I don't see why I wouldn't have more." I looked into his eyes and I swear I could feel his soul calling to me. I wanted nothing more than to kiss him in that moment. "Do you want kids?" I asked trying to shake the feelings.

"I would like to have kids someday. Spending all this time with Aiden, has made me want kids even more. He's such an awesome baby." He said looking over at Alex. The bride and groom were being called to do their first dance, and the father daughter dance after. After all those dances were done it was time for speeches, then the food was being served. My speech was first, I stood up and faced my brother and sister in law.

"I just want to start by saying how much I love these two. Alex has always been the grumpy kid. But he was always the best, most annoying brother on the planet. In the end though, he was always there for me and supported me. Lisa you're the best sister I've never really asked for. After Justin passed away, you two were there for me and I am so thankful for the two of you. I am honored to call you family now, Lis. You've helped me through a lot and you've brought happiness to my family that we didn't even know that we needed. I wish you two the absolute best. I love you guys. Congratulations and welcome to the family!" I raised my glass then I turned to Sam and winked. He just shook his head.

"I'm not sure I can really follow that up, but I'll try. Alex, you've always been one of my best friends. We went to the same state for college. You've helped me through a lot and pushed me to do better. Lisa, you are a pain in the butt. You two are perfect for each other. You guys taught me to never give up on your soul mate. You made me believe that there is a reason to take the risk on love. The love you two have together is a once in a lifetime kind of love. Congratulations you guys!" He said raising his glass, then he took his seat next to me. The food was then served.

"That was beautiful, Sam." He turned and smiled at me.

"You're beautiful." I felt my cheeks blush, I turned and ate my food. "I mean it Katie. You've always been the most beautiful girl and woman I've ever met."

"Sam that can't be true." I turned to look at him and his eyes burned into mine.

"It is true." I turned and finished my food along with my champagne. There was no way I was going to be able to deal with these feelings completely sober.