• Chapter Six •

Anthony lied on the bed that following morning, staring down at Siena's sleeping figure while running his fingers through her hair as her head placed on his lap.

He tore his gaze away from her and paused his motions as he took a look at his pocket watch, not even realising that Siena had awakened until he felt her burning gaze.

"I cannot see you anymore." He said with no emotion to his tone.

The soprano sat up as a look of confusion graced her features. "I do not understand.." She responded softly.

"It is not for you to understand." The Viscount replied and finally met her gaze. "I must do what is necessary."

A frown took over Siena's features as the confusion melted away. "You said that you would always protect me. You promised you would always care for me, my lord but now.." She trailed off as Anthony stared at her silently. "What shall I do now?" She asked.

"You shall leave." He answered.

Siena stared at him with shock. How could be say this and void of emotion?

"Is it the Hastings girl?" She asked but Anthony had remained silent, which had answered the question for itself.

Of course, it was her. He had seemed different ever since he had returned from Lady Danburys ball.

"Do not make this difficult, Siena." He said flatly.

She stared at him in complete shock and shook her head with a scoff. "I hope she is not as blind as I am." She said venomously and got up from the bed, using the white sheets to cover her body as she began to get dressed.

The ball at Vauxhall, renowned for its beautiful scenery and its décor which seemed to catch Katherine's eye that very same evening

As she walked along, she greeted some of the guests with a polite smile as she passed by just before her eyes landed on Benedict, who had leaned himself against the wall while sipping on a glass of lemonade.

With a smile, she approached the second eldest Bridgerton. "Handsome as always." She complimented, giggling softly as his eyes widened slightly as if he had been startled.

"Lady Hastings." He bowed once he had composed himself. "Looking lovely as always." He complimented.

The young lady smiled appreciatively at his compliment as she curtsied.

"Shall we dance?" He asked, holding his hand out for her to take.

"Of course." She replied, placing her gloved hand into his. "I am saving all my dances for you."

Benedict smiled and gave her a teasing wink. "Oh, I am honoured." He responded and lead her out to the dancefloor where they immediately began their dance.

"Lord Bridgerton," She began, mere moments into the song that echoed throughout the dancefloor. "What are your intentions?" She asked.

"Well, I would like to get to know you, Lady Hastings, in hopes to maybe court you." He answered.

The young lady smiled at his answer. "What more would you like to know?.." She asked.

"Anything that you are willing to share." The second eldest Bridgerton replied.

"We could exchange childhood stories.." She suggested with a smile.

But as Benedict had opened his mouth to respond and announcement was made for all the guests present to come and witness a most spectacular event, indeed.

The lord let out a soft chuckle and looked towards Katherine with a smile. "Bad timing." He said, earning himself a soft giggle from her in response. "Shall we?" He asked, holding his arm out.

She nodded her head silently and hooked her arm with his and made their way towards the side of Vauxhall.

The area was darkened with the only source of light being the ones from the building as well as the moon and stars. But soon enough - by the use of a sparkler merely lighting one of lanterns which would ignite the rest - the entire area was lit up row by row in a matter of seconds, amazing everyone present who watched the display.

"Wow.." Katherine breathed with awe.

"Amazing.." Benedict added.

She turned her head to look at him with a soft smile. "It certainly does capture your features." She commented.

"You flatter me, Lady Hastings." He responded. "But may I say, it certainly does add to your beauty."

She smiled appreciatively at the comment. "You flatter me.." She replied before she caught onto movement from the corner of her eye.

As she turned her head to have a better look, she witnessed a very stressed Viscount as he watched the retreating figure of his sister, Daniella, before hastily walking off in another direction.

She frowned slightly and returned her gaze to Benedict. "Excuse me." She said with a polite smile before she took her leave.