• Chapter Thirty-Eight •

That same night, after massaging her lovers tense shoulders while he sat in a warm bath of oils, the couple climbed into bed together and pulled the covers over them before they stared at each other.

Katherine brought her hand up to Anthony's face and lightly stroked his cheek. He was much calmer now than he was earlier.

"Hmm.." She hummed softly. "I love how we are in my bed." She said.

"Hastings House all to ourselves.." Anthony responded with a smile, more at ease than he had been after his conversation with Colin.

"Just us.." She whispered before she leaned in and kissed him softly.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and drew her body closer towards his as her fingers began to tangle themselves in his hair.

He then trailed his kisses down to her neck earning a moan from his lover as she tilted her head back into the pillows, giving him more access. He, of course, took advantage of this and moved himself on top of her where he began kissing every inch of her neck that he could get to, making her moan louder once he had reached her sweet spot.

He lightly grazed his teeth over the sensitive area, making her shudder in delight beneath him as she hummed softly and ran her fingers through his hair.

The next morning, as Anthony got himself dressed in front of the mirror, Katherine got up from the bed and pulled back her covers to have a look at the sheets

The was not a stain in sight on the crisp, white bedding.

"I did not bleed." She announced, making Anthony turn around to face her with a curious gaze.

The young lady remained silent and made her way over to the mirror where she stared at her reflection, her dark brown gaze training onto her stomach.

The Viscount watched his lover curiously, staring at her in silence as she slowly brought her hand up to her stomach.

Feeling his intense gaze on her person, she turned to face him.

"You could be with child.." He whispered before a smile slowly began to grace his lips.

"I have spent most of my nights with you in all of our sinful activities.." She said. "Yet, I have not bled. I can say certainly.."

Anthony smiled happily and stepped closer before he showered her face with kisses, making her giggle at the light, tickling feeling.

She cupped his face between her hands and stared up into his brown gaze. "You are to be a father.." She said with a smile gracing her lips.

"And you a mother.." He responded and lightly stroked his cheek.

"My dream.." She said. "With the man I love.."

The eldest Bridgerton smiled down at her and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before they both turned their gazes to the mirror, staring at their reflections.

She smiled and leaned her head against his shoulder, closing her eyes with a serene smile as he stared at her reflection and placed his hand on her stomach.

Parents..

They were to be parents.