• Chapter Twenty-Five •

Anthony lied awake beside her that morning and just admired how peaceful Katherine appeared when asleep but he had to chuckle to himself quietly when she began to drool ever so slightly.

He quickly wiped it away from her mouth before he pressed a soft kiss to her lips, instantly feeling her smile against his.

He pulled away and smiled down at her. "Morning, darling.." He greeted.

"Hmm.." She hummed, opening her light brown eyes as she set her gaze upon him. "Morning, my love."

The Viscount leaned down and stole, yet, another kiss which resulted in the young lady's giggles to fill the room.

She shoved him off her and onto his back playfully before she leaned over and took hold of his pocket watch to have a look at the time.

"Hmm.." She hummed softly as Anthony stared at her curiously.

"What is it?" He asked, watching as she placed the watch down, back onto the bedside table.

After placing the watch down, Katherine leaned down and gently kissed her lover before pulling away slightly. "I still have time." She answered softly before she climbed off him and got off the bed.

She entered the bathroom where she ran a bath for the two of them to take. As the water filled the tub, she added some oils that they could soak their bodies in while Anthony had walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

"Mmm.." She hummed contently and quickly turned off the water once the tub had been filled to their desire.

With the help of the eldest Bridgerton, the young lady stepped into the tub with him climbing in behind her before they both lowered themselves down, submerging their bodies in the scented water.

With Anthony leaned back, Katherine placed her head against his chest and held her left hand out as she began to admire her engagement ring.

"I love it.." She whispered before she turned her head to gaze up at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He responded.

She smiled softly and shifted herself slightly so that she faced him fully. "Let's make our first vow.." She suggested, earning an immediate nod in response. "Never give up on each other.."

"I agree.." Anthony responded with a smile of his own.

Katherine then leaned in and lightly kissed his lips. "That was to solidify it." She added as she pulled back.

"Perfect.." He replied and began to wash her body with the gentlest touch, causing her to giggle softly as she returned the favour.

Later that morning, Katherine stood in the foyer of Hastings House as she watched the staff pack Simon's belongings and loaded them onto the carriage

She frowned and wrapped her arms around herself as she began to wonder why he wanted to leave so suddenly.

She had asked but he just simply refused to tell her anything.

While speaking with Jeffries and taking note of the saddened expression on his sister's face, Simon gave his member of staff a firm nod before slowly making his way towards her. "You can always come with me.." He suggested.

"I cannot.." She replied. "I am engaged."

The Duke frowned softly before he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a hug while he pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "Well, you will always have a place with me.." He said.

"So do you.." The young lady said as tears began to flood her eyes. "I will miss you dearly, brother.. But I have one more request.."

Simon nodded his head for his sister to continue.

"Attend the ball with me tonight.." Katherine said.

"And before you even think of giving your regrets, they are denied." The voice of Lady Danbury filled the foyer as she approached them. "You can at least share one last ball with us, especially your sister."

The Duke smirked in amusement as he watched the witty woman stand beside his sister, arching her brow at him as if daring him to say 'no.'

"Have you two rallied against me?" He asked with an amused tone as he glanced between the two women in his life.

Katherine gave a small smirk as she shrugged innocently. "I could not think of a stronger force than this alliance of persuasion." She answered as the older woman laughed softly with a smirk of her own.

Simon shook his head with a small smile. There was truly no use in arguing when these two ladies teamed up.

"I will be there." He answered with a soft nod.