• Chapter Forty-Nine •

It had been a couple of days since the concert had passed and Katherine was well settled into her role as a wife.

Anthony came downstairs that morning as he rolled the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows, only for him to pause in step at the sweet smell of freshly baked biscuits that filled his senses.

He followed the scent straight to the kitchen where he saw his wife at the oven as she had just taken out a fresh batch of biscuits.

"Something smells heavenly." The Viscount said as he approached her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "And it is not the biscuits."

"Anthony.." The Viscountess giggled as a light pink blush dusted her cheeks. "You flatter me."

"All part of my job as a husband." He responded with a loving smile.

A smile graced the young lady's lips and she turned around in his arms to face him, before she kissed his lips lightly. "Good morning.." She greeted.

"Good morning." He responded before he stole another kiss, earning himself a giggle.

She stroked his cheek lightly with a loving smile before she moved from his hold and picked up a vase of flowers. "I thought we could do with some colour and love." She said.

Anthony watched her flutter around with admiration as she attempted to make their home a bit more homey - setting up vases of flowers here and there to placing those freshly baked biscuits into a cookie jar.

"I trust you, darling." He replied with a light chuckle.

"I just want to be a good wife to you.." She said as she took out the next batch of biscuits, placing them down to cool off before she packed them into the jar. "I know that we are still on our honeymoon but I just want to make sure that I take care of my duties." She added.

"Darling.." He cooed softly with a smile and took he hands into his, placing a kiss on each one. "You are doing amazing." He said truthfully.

Katherine's smile broadened and she leaned up to give her husband a soft kiss before she pulled back slightly.

"Breakfast is on the table." She whispered, her lips lightly brushing against his.

The Viscount hummed softly before he was lead over to the dining room table where breakfast had been, indeed, laid out. He also noted that the young lady had placed some flowers around this room, bringing a smile to his face.

It did seem much more homey than before and it was all thanks to his beautiful wife.

The couple sat down for breakfast that the cooks had so graciously prepared for them - with Anthony at the head of the table and Katherine seated to his right.

There was a comfortable silence around them with a happy aura hovering in the air.

"Shall we prominade this morning, my love?" Katherine asked after taking a sip of her juice.

"It is a lovely day outside, so I don't see why not." Anthony answered with a smile, only to have hers broaden.

Soon after breakfast, the couple had went upstairs to their bedroom got themselves ready for their prominade.

After opting for a summery dress, Katherine sat at her vanity and tended to her curls, running her fingers through them before neatening it. She then took hold of her gloves and slid them on over her hands only to reach just over her elbows.

She looked up and stared at her husband in the reflection of mirror as he buttoned up his shirt before he moved onto his waist coat.

After taking a moment to admire him, she got up from her seat and approached him, just as he slipped into his dark blue coat. She picked up his hat from off the bed and lightly dusted it off with her hand before she placed it on his head for him.

Anthony smiled at her and held his arm out for her, which she had gladly accepted by hooking her own through his and placing a soft kiss two his cheek before they both set out for their morning prominade.