• Chapter Thirty-Seven •

The following day, Katherine stood beside Anthony, holding onto his arm as she listened to the two eldest brothers engage in conversation.

Her eyes landed onto young Gregory and Hyacinth, who were both so full of energy, as they ran around the garden and past their brothers.

She let out a soft giggle before she turned her gaze to her lover. "Shall we take a stroll?" She asked.

Anthony nodded his head with a smile and the two were off, walking past every guest present before they had reached a maze, where Katherine quickly took off running.

The Viscount chased after her causing for the young lady to erupt in giggles as she tried to hide away from him.

She quickly placed a gloved hand over her mouth to silence herself as he neared her hiding spot. She watched as he looked around, checking every inch and corner that she could possibly hide in.

But she had internally kicked herself when a giggle escaped from her, immediately giving her position away.

He turned around with a grin, his playful brown gaze settling onto her before he made his way over.

She let out a giggle and wrapped her arms around his neck before she brought him in for a kiss, humming softly into it as he responded to it instantly, pulling her body closer to his.

The couple pulled apart slightly, resting their foreheads against each others as Katherine slowly tugged her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Do not do that.." Anthony said, staring down at her.

"Or what?" She challenged softly.

Without another word, he had leaned down and tugged her bottom lip between his teeth, biting her lip gently as she gripped on his coat, letting out a soft moan.

As he released her lip from his teeth, she cupped her hand around his neck and brought him down for a passionate kiss before she began to remove his coat from his body - with his help.

However, she paused her actions when she saw Benedict staring at them with a cigarette in hand.

"Benedict.." The young lady breathed softly with a frown.

The young lord shook his head softly at them. "I saw nothing." He said with raised hands. "I will say nothing." He added before he headed back to the gathering.

Anthony watched his brother's retreating figure before he closed his eyes just as Katherine buried her face into his chest.

The couple quickly composed themselves before they heard Colin's voice. Glancing at each other, they quickly walked back to the gathering side-by-side just as Colin began to give his announcement.

"I would like to make a small but rather important announcement." The third eldest Bridgerton began. "I have happy news to impart. I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife and she has accepted."

Anthony's mouth fell slightly agape as he stared at his younger brother in shock. Has this boy gone mad?

Katherine frowned softly as she rubbed her lover's back comfortingly and glanced over to Lady Bridgerton, who appeared to be the most shocked of them all.

Gently taking the young lady's hand into his, the eldest Bridgerton made his way over to the matriarch, who continued to stare at her third eldest.

"Did you know about this?" He asked softly.

"People are looking, dear." Lady Bridgerton said, forcing a smile. "Congratulate the happy couple."

As the matriarch and the rest of the Bridgerton family made their way over to the newly engaged couple, Anthony stood aside with Katherine, clenching his jaw as he watched his brother with the young girl.