• Chapter Fifty-Two •

The following day, Katherine and Anthony had spent most of the day - up until the early afternoon - in bed together.

The Viscountess let out a laugh as she held her husband, removing her head from his chest to gaze into his eyes.

"I cannot believe that you let a wild animal loose in the dormitory." She exclaimed through her laughter.

"Believe me.." The Viscount began, chuckling at the memory himself as he rubbed her arm. "Hastings and I had a difficult time getting it out."

She giggled, giving him a curious look. "Why would you let it in at all?" She asked.

"I thought it would be a good prank." He replied with an innocent shrug, causing his wife to fall into another fit of laughter.

"You were full of mischief." She responded.

Anthony chuckled softly before he leaned down and gently kissed her lips as they began to calm down from all the laughter.

Katherine smiled at him and ran her slender fingers through his messy hair.

"You have not looked at your watch, my love.." She noted quitely.

"And?" He questioned, staring down at her in his arms.

A smile came to her lips. "My assumptions are that perhaps you are at your most relaxed here.." She answered.

"Well I am." He replied with a smile of his own. "Because you are the one who relaxes me." He added, bringing his hand up to stroke her cheek lightly with his thumb.

Her laughter echoed throughout the bathroom as she was splashed with water all while Anthony grinned mischievously

"Viscount Bridgerton!" Katherine exclaimed and narrowed her eyes playfully. "You are declaring war."

This only seemed to have broadened his grin before he was met with face full of water as his wife began giggling.

He glared playfully and began splashing her which made her shriek with laughter as it turned into a full-out splash war.

The young lady was the first to cease her actions before she leaned forward and wiped the water from her husband's face as he admired her.

"How did I deserve such luck?" She asked with wonder. "To have a love match and be this happy.."

"I have been asking that very same question, darling." He replied as he stroked her cheek lightly.

Her smiled broadened. "Its nice to have a house with so much laughter and love.." She said.

Before another word could be uttered, Anna stepped into the bathroom only to turn her gaze away, quite flustered. "Uh, my apologies, my lady and my lord.." She apologised as she turned her gaze to the floor. "But you will be late to the Duke and Duchess' ball if you do not make haste."

"Oh heavens." Anthony exclaimed. "I almost forgot about that."

Katherine smiled at her husband before she turned her gaze to her handmaiden. "We will make haste to be ready." She responded.

The Viscount nodded in agreement. "Thank you, Anna." He dismissed her.

Once the handmaiden had left, the couple turned to each other only for the Viscountess to begin washing her husband's body with Anthony returning the gesture.

Not even a hour later, Anthony and Katherine were on their way to Hastings House for their siblings' ball.

Anthony stared at his wife and admired the beauty that made all of her. She wore a long sleeved, baby blue dress that hugged her upper body and flowed freely to the floor which enhanced her figure, while her curls had been left loose, just the way he loved it.

Feeling his gaze on her, the youg lady turned her gaze to her husband with a smile. "What?" She questioned.

"You look beautiful." The eldest Bridgerton said with pure admiration.

A light pink blush dusted her cheeks as she giggled softly, glancing down at her hands for a brief moment before she met his gaze once more.

"Handsome as always.." She responded when all of a sudden, she began to feel sick and covered her mouth while closing her eyes.

Anthony frowned with concern. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"I am fine." She replied once the feeling had passed, dropping her hand and opening her eyes only to be met with his worried face.

"We can stay at home if you wish." The Viscount suggested softly.

"No.." The Viscountess said and reached over, taking his hand into hers. "We cannot do that to our siblings.

He noddedd softly. "If you feel worse, I am sure that they will understand and we can lea--"

"I am with child.." She said, cutting her husband off in mid-sentence.

He stared at her silently. Katherine was pregnant?

"You are?.." He asked slowly. He was happy but he couldn't help but feel a little bit of nervousness since they had experienced a miscarriage with their first baby.

He was fairly certain that Katherine felt the same emotions.

"We shall see.." She answered with a soft smile as tears began to flood her dark brown gaze. "But all the symptoms are there.. We are to have a child.."

A soft chuckle escaped from Anthony as he nodded his head before he leaned forward, cupping her face gently between his hands and pulled her into a kiss.