• Chapter Nine •

"Did he receive the letter?" Katherine asked almost instantly as Jeffries had entered the drawing room an hour after Lady Danbury's leave.

"Yes, my lady." Jeffries replied.

The young lady frowned to herself. The letter was nothing fancy - simply short and sweet - but she wondered..

Had the Viscount even received the letter? Had he read it? Did he not wish to speak about what had happened between them?

All these questions began to plague her mind as she slowly lowered herself down to the couch.

Dear Viscount Bridgerton,

I wish to discuss what had occurred between us last night. My brother will be gone and it is the perfect time for such a conversation.

From Katherine.

Anthony stepped out of the carriage and stared at the enormous manor known as Hastings House

As soon as he had received the letter and read it, the eldest Bridgerton was out of the door and requesting a carriage to take him to Hastings House.

Letting out a quiet breath, the Viscount quickly climbed the few steps leading to the front door where he had then knocked. Not even a moment later, the door had opened but it wasn't Katherine he was met with..

Instead it was her handmaiden, Anna.

"Evening.." He greeted softly.

"Evening, Viscount." Anna greeted with a soft bow of her head. "Madam is in the wine cellar. You must come quickly." She said and stepped aside for him to enter.

Once he had, the handmaiden quickly closed the door behind him and began leading him down to the wine cellar where Katherine awaited his arrival.

Upon entry, Anthony took a look around the dimly lit room until the voice of the young lady filled his ears.

"Thank you, Anna." Katherine said, dismissing her handmaiden before she set her eyes onto the man before her.

Dear heavens, this man was handsome.

"You wished to talk?.." Anthony asked slowly after a brief moment of silence of them just staring at each other.

Katherine nodded her head. "Last night.." She began. "Our kiss.. I do not wish to hurt your brother."

"'But it will never happen again.' Is that what you wished to tell me?" He asked.

She shook her head. "No." She responded to his question. "Benedict is kind and gentle, the man that I am supposed to want but you.. I cannot get you off my mind. Just a mere thought drives me crazy." She said.

The Viscount stared at her in shock but with mainly relief as he had felt exactly the same way about her. He just couldn't rid the thought of his best friend's sister from his mind nor did he want to.

He stepped closer towards her. " I have not been able to stop thinking about you.." He said. "You occupy my every thought. It is frustrating yet.. Refreshing.."

She brought her hand up to his face and placed it against his cheek. "The thought of your lips on mine sets my skin alight.. Your piercing gaze makes me unable to do anything else except crave you, Viscount." She said, staring up into his eyes as he stared down into hers.

"You have ignited something within me, my lady.. Ever since I had the taste of your sweet kiss, it left me craving for more.. For you.." He said, almost as if he was entranced. "I'd sin over and over again for you.."

A smile tugged at the corner of her lips. "And here we are.." She responded softly. "Alone again.."

He wrapped his strong arms around her waist and drew her body closer to his, never once breaking their eye contact.

"If kiss be a sin, then let me sin.." She said, breathlessly. "Let us be sinners.."

"Let us.." Anthony repeated and leaned in, capturing her lips with his.

Katherine responded to the kiss immediately which caused for the Viscount to pull her closer towards his body as he held her close against him. She moaned softly into their kiss and began removing his coat to which he had gladly helped her with, before he began to trail his kisses down her neck.

Another moan escaped past her lips as she felt him begin to fiddle with her dress before pulling the strings to her corset. As if something had awakened inside her, she quickly unbuttoned his waistcoat and threw it to the floor before she began to fumble with the buttons of his shirt.

Once he had loosened the strings, Anthony had removed the corset and dropped it to the ground as he stared at her in admiration.

"You are beautiful.." He said breathlessly. "Pure beauty.."

A smile graced Katherine's lips and she soon found herself being picked up by the eldest Bridgerton, her legs instinctively wrapping themselves around his waist.

Her exposed back came into contact with the cold wall, making her shiver in delight during the heat between them. She leaned down and began to kiss his shoulder, her actions earning herself a soft, throaty groan and a delightful shudder in return.

She trailed her way up to his neck - as she felt him push her skirt up - and began to kiss every single inch that she could access. As she had done so, a loud groan escaped from Anthony before his mouth was covered by her hand in order to silence him from any of her staff hearing their sinful behaviour.

He quickly buried his face into her neck in order to muffle his groaning as she grazed her teeth lightly over his sweet spot, making him groan louder into her neck at the pleasure she was giving him.

She was truly something special. Not even Siena made him feel this way.

Her actions paused for a moment as she fumbled and quickly unbuttoned his pants, pulling it off impatiently with his help before they continued with their sinful desires.