• Chapter Twenty-Eight •

She stood at the dock with her bag in hand as she glanced around for any sign of Anthony and frowned as her gaze landed on the clock.

It was well after dawn..

"He is to be here.." She whispered to herself softly. "We were supposed to leave.. Unless he is.." She trailed off as tears began to slowly stream down her face.

" She trailed off as tears began to slowly stream down her face

Earlier that morning:

As Anthony had gotten himself dressed to leave for the dual, Katherine was quickly packing a bag with a few clothes and some of her belongings.

The plan was, that if this was to go well and Simon was merely just wounded, Anthony would meet with Katherine at the docks where they would board on ship and leave London to start a new life elsewhere - anywhere that she had wished.

The young lady picked up a baby rattle and held it delicately in her hands as she stared at it longingly.

"A rattle?" The Viscount asked, fully dressed, as he aproached her from behind.

"It was mine.." She responded with a soft smile. "I want it to be our child's.."

A soft smile graced his features and placed his hand against her cheek. "And it will be." He replied and gently kissed her lips.

She smiled up and him, gripping his shirt. "Go.." She whispered.

He nodded softly and stepped back. "I will meet you at the docks.." He said and put his gloves on.

"I shall be waiting.." She replied as she watched him. "I love you."

"I love you too.." He said, giving her one last kiss before he would meet her later that morning.

She watched him leave her bedroom and kept her gaze on his retreating figure as he rounded the corner to descend down the stairs.

'He'll be there..' She thought to herself with a nod.

With a teary gaze, Katherine looked towards the ship where passengers where already beginning to board

With a teary gaze, Katherine looked towards the ship where passengers where already beginning to board. She frowned deeply and persisted on waiting for him.

He promised that he would be here..

"Katherine!" She heard her name being called, making her body tense and freeze up lightly.

It was him..

"Anthony.." She whispered before she turned around, looking for any sight of him "Anthony!" She called out louder and began rushing past the crowd that were heading towards the ship.

She soon felt herself slam into a hard but all-too-familiar chest as a heavenly scent filled her senses.

"You're alive!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her lover's neck tightly.

Anthony nodded his head softly as he held her body close to his. "We both are.." He replied.

The young lady buried her face into his neck while fresh tears formed in her dark brown eyes. "I thought you were.." She trailed off softly, not even wanting to think about it.

"No.." The Viscount cooed gently as he began to comfort her.

"I waited by the place we were supposed to meet and.. I almost.." She said hysterically as she cried into his chest softly, clutching onto his shirt. "I cannot live without you.."

He gently tilted her head up, forcing her to look at him before he cupped her face gently between his hands and wiped her tears away with the pad of his thumb. "I know.." He said softly "I cannot live without you either.."

She smiled slightly and nodded her head slowly before she buried her face into his chest and clutched onto his shirt.

There was no way that she would let him go just yet.