Hunter License

Previous
With a loud gasp I shoot up into a sitting position, my breath is quick and high in my chest. It takes a while for me to calm down before I start to look around. Where am I? This is not another dream, is it? What was that, by the way? I frown a little, and start shaking my head to forget it as something cold hits my cheek. With a cautious feeling I bring my hand up to my cheek to wipe the coldness from my face and stare at it, confusion filling me.
Right in the midst my hand is a small clump of ice, quickly melting because of the warmth of my hand and the room, staring right back at me. What...? Before I can continue my thoughts, a slam of a book shutting shakes me from my head.
For the rest of my life I will deny that I was the one who screeched like a pterodactyl.

Akira p.o.v
"I apologize, it wasn't my intention to scare you." Apologizes Satotz-kun calmly, putting the book down he slammed, more like closed, but okay, onto a table next to him. I give him a huge grin in return before I look around. Wow, this room is so different from a hospital room or the nursing room in school.
"Upsie-daisy." Deep in thought, it escapes me Satotz is moving with the chair closer to the bed I am using right now. Or...wasn't this a nursing room and am I just now being a dumbass?
"Where am I?" I ask, turning to Satotz again, almost yelping as I finally notice that Satotz has moved closer.
"A waiting room, next to the arena for the Final Phase." He answers, gazing intently at me, as if he's waiting for my reaction. As I've been thrown around like a rag doll more times than I can count on my fingers, it takes a few moments for my brain to catch up at what he's saying. Final Phase....Final Phase... Wait...! I perk up.
"Oh, yeah! I was in the middle of a Hunter Exam." And wince as my right shoulder and left arm throb simultaneously. Like it wants to remind me of the injuries.
"Your arm will heal quickly." Satotz pauses, so I lift my eyes to meet his gaze, waiting for him to continue, "In fact, once it heals-"
"-the bone will be stronger than before, won't it?" The corners of my mouth quirk up in a quick smile at the surprise in his eyes before it is masked again with calmness. But this time as he is gazing down it me, it also has a tint of approval in it.
"Yes. In any case," he extends his hand, leaning his body slightly forwards, "congratulations on passing the exam." I won...for Gon. A huge grin splits my lips in two, and ignoring the stinging pain in my right shoulder, I grip his hand, giving a firm shake.
"Thanks, Moustache Man!" I chirp cheerfully. "Hey, how long was I out?" He blinks slowly, surprise once again in his eyes like he's receiving a whiplash at how fast I am changing subjects. Thankfully, he lets go of my hand, and places his back into his lap, sitting down again.
"Alright, but first, can I ask you a question?" I cock my head to the side, and nod as curiosity shines through my eyes.
"Some of us were assuming you would refuse that you passed the exam, and thus refuse your license, but you didn't. Why so?" Well, I can't exactly tell him he's an anime show where Gon actually fought against Hanzo, and refuse. Which in the end would give me same results if I followed the line, so...yeah.
"Well..." I hesitantly start, racking my brain to think of something fast as a lightbulb goes off into my head.
"Old Man said once you've failed you can't pass anymore, so I thought it would work in reverse as well, once you've passed you can't fail anymore. So you have to accept the license in one way or another. Then I can decide what will happen next!"
"You're very observant." He notes calmly, at which I chuckle nervously, rubbing the back of my head, only to shrink as I feel my right shoulder. Again.
"Thank you."
"Professional Hunters are treated well, largely due to our predecessors' efforts. Hence, there are many applicants who harbor ill intentions." He pauses, reaching for a folder next to my pillow. Holy...moly, I'm about to get the Hunter License! This is a fangirl's dream come true!
"If it weren't for them, we would accept every person who applied." I stare down in amazement as I flip the folder open, the license laying there stares right back at me. Keep your fangirl in check.... keep your fangirl in check. I chant in my head, barely managing to suppress a squeal.
"Most professional Hunters consider this card more valuable than their own lives," his voice shakes me out of thoughts, so I quickly turn my attention back to Satotz, "yet no more than a worthless scrap of paper at the same time." Just like money. "The important thing is what you accomplish once you become a Hunter."
I direct my gaze down towards the license once again, and as Satotz holds it out towards me, I reach out for it, my fingers grazing the license. Almost like I am in a dream again, I grab the license, it's like I can't take my eyes off of it as it is laying in my hand.
"Akira-kun, I hope you'll use it for good. I have faith in your judgement." I give him a huge grin, bobbing my head up and down.
"Okay!" And then stare down at the license, the light weight is comfortable in my hand, my smile turns softer, "My friends helped me a lot to reach this point, so... I'm gonna use it for them. Help them in order to reach their goals."
I tuck it between the cast and the sling on my left arm, the soft smile still on my lips. Until all of the sudden a thought enters my head. I snap my head towards Satotz, frowning slightly as panic is about to take over. I am such a dumbass! I completely forgot to tell about Illumi!
"Oh! How long was I out again?! What about the other applicants? The exam isn't over, is it?" I fire question after question at Satotz, dread filling me as I brace myself for the answer that the exam is already over. Shit, shit, why didn't I tell him sooner? I don't want him to be locked up again, I don't want to watch Killua seeing so scared-
"No, the exam is still ongoing."
....
....
Huh?
"Huh? Really?!" I exclaim loudly.
"Yes, you were out for a short time. Just about half an hour." He answers calmly, seemingly not noticing the storm brewing inside of me. I messed the anime up, didn't I? I totally messed the anime up. I stare at Satotz in bewilderment, waiting for him to continue.
"Do you want me to fill you in on what transpired after you passed out?" Not trying to make my nod too overeager, I bob my head up and down, my eyes shift over to him.
"After you fell unconscious..."