Surrender

Previous
"Oh man, that's not good." Illumi acknowledges, "So they already consider Kil a friend." Suddenly he holds up a finger like he came up with a perfect idea, and announces, "All right! I'll kill Gon and Akira!" You could hear a pin drop if you wanted to. Killua's world stops at the words coming out of Illumi's mouth, feeling paralyzed in terror.

Third p.o.v
The temperature in the room dropped even more, making it feel like it had turned into the North Pole. The ominous aura Illumi was emitting was covering the whole room, seeping into the cracks and nooks, coating it in darkness. Illumi's face was still passive and blank but now there was a crack of madness oozing through. His hand lifts into the air and there are four pins coated with Nen between his fingers. The air in Killua's lungs staled, turning heavier with every breath he takes. It was even more terrifying to look him in the eyes. It was as if those black swirling pools was seeing through you, right into your soul and uncovering your deepest secrets with a single glance.
Akira stumbles backwards, her back hits the wall with a audible gasp as Gon looks positively paralyzed in place, unable to move or do anything. Straining, Killua manages to keep his head lifted, every cell in his body is screaming to give up.
"A killer doesn't need any friends. They only get in the way." The dark-haired male takes a step towards Akira and Gon and it feels like he's stepping on Killua's heart. He takes a shuddering breath. The heavy footsteps of Illumi feels like it's squashing his heart.
"Don't worry, I'll make it as painless as possible." There's a pang of pain that shoots him in his chest, making breathing difficult and tiring. Sweat is dripping down his face. At the sidelines are Akira and Gon not any better. Both of them can't utter a word past their lips. All the could feel how the aura filled with madness surrounds them and how their hearts had dropped to their stomachs. A guard tries to interfere.
"P-Please wait!" He cries out nervously, less affected by the aura but still feeling the effects of it, "The match is still-" Three pins pierce his forehead before the guard can finish his sentence. The sound of his glasses dropping onto the ground sounds like thunder inside Killua's ears. The man, the one that was just doing his job, was a few feet away from Killua. He was gasping and crying out in pain as his face was warped into something unrecognizable.
"H-Help...." The man gurgles out, his breathing getting more difficult. His face was turning blue from the lack of oxygen. Releasing his hold, the man sinks to his knees, with snot and tears covering his face. Killua hears the man let out a strangled breath. Illumi continues on his way to Gon and Akira as if he almost didn't murder a man in cold blood.
He's stopped by Kurapika, Leorio and Hanzo stepping into his path, effectively blocking him from Akira and Gon. Killua nearly sobs in relief at Illumi temporary halted in his actions, although he knows better than to hope.
"This won't do. I need a Hunter license to do my job.... But if I kill them, I'll fail, and Kil will pass automatically." Illumi murmurs to himself thoughtfully. "Oh, no! The same thing will happen if I kill Gon and Akira." He continues in fake concern, his index finger is placed against his temple as he pretends to be lost in thought. It is too...crazy. Like the screws inside Illumi's head aren't in the right places. Killua flinches as Illumi suddenly snaps his fingers, his expression brightened up.
"Oh, yeah! I'll pass the exam before killing them." His aura that had dissipated in the last few minutes comes back full force, slamming right into Killua's chest. A vein is pulsing in Leorio's forehead.
"You fucking bastard!" Leorio spats Illumi's way. Illumi doesn't respond. Instead he faces the Chairman, emotionlessly.
"If I wait until after passing the exam," Illumi says, "I can kill everyone in here and still keep my license, right?"
"Yes, according to the rules." Illumi's eyes dart over to Killua, although he has nothing said yet, his expression conveys it all. "Did you hear that, Kil?" He turns around so he faces Killua once again. "You have to beat me if you want to save Gon and Akira." The huge room suddenly felt so small. So constricted and he couldn't breath. He couldn't breath as he felt those eyes scanning over him. Dark, empty eyes are watching him, drinking in his reactions. Fear takes hold of his heart and he feels his knees going weak when Illumi comes closer.
"Will you fight me for your...friends? You can't do that, can you?" Even though it's relatively warm in the room, Killua couldn't feel any warmth touching his skin. In fact, it feels like his fingers and toes are freezing cold and stiff as he stands still in front of Illumi. "Because You're more worried about whether or not you can defeat me." There's little to none air in his lungs and his chest is burning painfully in the need of it. Illumi continues merciless.
"And you already have your answer: 'I'm not strong enough to beat my big brother." He slowly lifts up his left arm. "'Never fight an enemy you can't beat.' I drilled that into you...right?" No one moves. The room is filled with a deadly silence as Killua looks like he's drenched in sweat as his eyes grow wide. His foot moves backwards.
"Don't move!" Orders Illumi. Immediately Killua stops like a deer caught in headlights. "If you move an inch, I'll assume that the fight has begun. And if our bodies make contact, that will also mean that the fight has begun." He can't move as he watches the hand comes closer, Illumi's gaze has him rooted to the ground. "There's only one way to stop me. You know what that is." Killua looks downright terrified as he stands there looking like a frightened rabbit. Once resembling a vicious murder, now reduced to nothing more than a scared boy. Killua's looking like he's going to die from pure terror alone.
"But don't forget.... If you don't fight me, your dear friends will die."
""Take him out, Killua!" Screeches Leorio, "We won't let him kill you or Gon or Akira!" He grinds his teeth together. "We'll stop him, whatever it takes! Let him have it!" That seems to have broken Gon and Akira out of their trance, both of them looking equally as concerned and fired up simultaneously. Akira glares at Illumi before turning to Killua.
"Yeah, don't listen to him, Kil!"
"We can defend ourselves! Don't worry about us!" Killua was still standing there, looking frozen and so still as a statue. The widening of his eyes shows he's scared and panicked. Their pleads falls to deaf ears. Akira feels the anger rising inside of her chest. A rosy blush appears on her cheeks. How dare Illumi come and fuck Killua up the head? Meanwhile Illumi's hand moves steadily closer to Killua, almost reaching his forehead. The room felt too small, too constricting. And Illumi's hand is coming closer, not seemingly stopping. He can't take Illumi on, and he knows that. If his hand touches him, he will lose. He will lose and Akira and Gon will die.
"I surrender." The pressure is lifted off his chest and the dark, ominous aura dissipates, making it stop feeling like it's prodding and drenching him in it. He ducks his head, uttering those embarrassing words, "I lose...." A hush falls over the room as everyone looks stunned but Killua refuses to look up. Illumi smiles, clapping his hands cheerfully.
"Oh, good! Then the battle's over." He places a hand on Killua's shoulder. Illumi pats it condescendingly. "I lied, Kil. I was lying about killing them." The haunting smile on his lips widens as the mockery of affection continues.
"I was just testing you. But now I have my answer." Leaning in, his hand lands on top of Killua's head, dragging him closer a new forcing him to keep his neck bent. One moment his lips holds a mocking smile, the next moment his eyes are narrowed, his lips pressed against each other in a thin, disapproving line.
"You don't have the right to make friends. Nor do you need them." Dull eyes stare straight ahead as he listens to the venomous words fed to him.
"You should just listen to Dad and me, and do your job as you always have." Whatever left of his strength was drained by Illumi, sucked out of him like mosquitoes would have devoured someone's blood. The bone-chilling voice of his brothers crawls into his ears, so much like a snake that would and could strike him, end him, whenever he wanted.
"When the time finally comes, I'll order you to take the Hunter Exam. You don't need a license, yet."