Hiding

Third p.o.v
Both Killua and Gon are walking in silence as the time passes and it becomes darker. Killua looks like it is boring him to death while Gon has a concerned glance in his eyes.
"Hey, Killua?" The said one swifts his eyes towards Gon, indicating he has heard him. "Aren't you worried about Aki?" So it's about her. He shrugs. "I'm sure she will be okay, I mean, she jumped into a canyon without waiting for anyone."
Relief spreads across Gon's face. "That's true! Thank-" He silences Gon as he lays a finger on his own lips.
As he knows for sure Gon isn't going to talk again, he places harshly his right foot onto a tree root, his bangs are shadowing his eyes. "I know you've been following us since the exam began. You fail at hiding."
A menacing smile stretches his lips wide as he continues, "Show yourself. Let's play." The dark aura around him vanishes as he and Gon look around a bit, only to see nothing but trees. He shrugs again, and gestures with his chin for Gon to continue walking.
Luckily, the latter understands what he's trying to say, and quickly follows his example, the only difference is he's more guarded. From an average outsider's eye it seems like nothing has changed in his demeanor, but if you look into his eyes you note the serious expression.

Akira p.o.v
Stay quiet, stay still, stay silent, make sure not to attract his attention to-Hisoka pulls his left foot towards him a little, and leans on it with his left elbow.
"Well, come on out." I stiffen. He didn't catch Gon in the anime, but that doesn't matter because this is me we're talking about. I mean, he could've find out that I'm here.
"I know you're there." Wearing a confident smirk, he stands up. "If you won't come out, I'll come to you." And starts slowly walking towards where I am seated. Please don't find me, please don't find me.
I clench Gon's fishing rod tightly in my hands. If he finds me, I'm done for. Than I'll have to fight. I tense my muscles in my legs, in case Hisoka really found me. He stops about two meters before the bushes, waiting a few seconds.
Just as a thought enters my mind that he really found me, a man pops up with loud rustling of leaves almost next me. I let out a relieved breath I didn't know I was holding. But....next time I have to be more aware of my surroundings.
Only to be almost my hair cut off as he swipes the spear. A sweat drop slides from my temple towards my jaw, and eventually drops on the ground.
I'm seriously doubting my decisions I've made in the past few days. My heart is hammering against my chest so hard, and for a moment I'm afraid they hear me. I try to swallow with my dry mouth. God fucking dammit.
"I challenge you to a duel." Challenges the guy, a little bit of desperation seeping through. The look in Hisoka's eyes is downright scary, and I can barely suppress the shudder crawling up my spine. Man, I have the worst luck. Why do I have to face Hisoka? I like him when he isn't being scary.
"You'll die." My focus is on them again just as the guy frowns a little and jumps out of the bushes, his face determined as he takes an offensive stance towards Hisoka. I...feel sorry for the guy...but I can't just materialize out of thin air. So...I'm not religious. I clasp my hands together for a moment and squeeze my eyes shut. But...it looks to me the right time. I hope you find your peace and quiet.
After a few seconds that I open them again, and see the guy attacking Hisoka. The latter only evades it like it isn't even that difficult. They jump around for a while, until Hisoka jumps back, creating more space between each other.
The other one seems to take a deep breath, and goes into attack modus again, still persistent on fighting with Hisoka. Holy shit, Hiso-kun dodged that spear almost impaled his throat?!
It seems like it doesn't even faze him, he has a calm smile on his face, but his eyes are glinting dangerously. The other guy, however, seems like he'll drop soon enough. I watch with rapid fascination at how they are engaged in a sort of dance.
With a loud roar the guy tries to slice Hisoka one last time, and only manages to cut the tree behind him in half. I mean, manage. That is fucking impressive. I gape openly from my spot due to nobody can see me, so it doesn't really matter. A loud bang echoes through the forest as the tree topples over.
They both ignore it, having a silent stare down which especially involves of the guy breathing loudly, and Hisoka still smiling slightly. Scary, scary, scary!
Sweat is rolling down the guy's body as he manages to croak out, "Hisoka, explain yourself....Why won't you attack...me?" The said one's lips curl up like a cat, like a predator caught his prey.
"If I continue to avoid your attacks, you'll die eventually." That single statement shuts the guy up, who looks too shocked to even say anything. From the corner of my eye, I see the butterflies flutter lazy around.
"I can tell from the swarm of Hemotropic Butterflies that your wounds are grave." A pained groan escapes the man's lips as he sinks to his knees, using his spear to keep himself up. Probably his pride that prevents him from falling down completely.
"Someone else has already dealt you a fatal blow, yes? Though I do understand your desire to die in battle."
"If you..." He takes a shuddering, but deep breath, "If you understand so well, why do you still refuse to fight me?!" He screams exasperated, his whole body tense and his breathing is short and quick. Hisoka folds his arms behind his back, an amused smile on his lips.
"I have no interest in the dead." He turns his body slightly away from him, ready to walk away. "What? I'm not yet-"
"You're already death." Hisoka's voice is calm, but has a tone in it that makes you pause and reconsider your choices. "It's in your eyes." He starts walking towards the fallen tree and sits down. Yeah, I'd rather not be caught.
"Bye-bye." Looking like he used all of his last energy to get up, he starts running towards Hisoka, who is still sitting there calmly, tears streaming down his face as he let's out a loud cry. I don't want to see this, but...it's like an invisible power is keeping me there.
I clamp my hand for my mouth to prevent to let out a choked cry as a pin pierces into the guy's throat. Multiple follow afterwards, planting themselves into his forehead, cheeks and even in his mouth, which is wide open.
I also never want to encounter Illumi, ever, period, I have decided. My eyes fly towards where the pins came from. "Sorry about that. I carelessly let him escape." Illumi is still holding four pins. Not exactly holding, more like pinned in between his nails and his fingers. Haha, did you understand? Pinned, and pins....okay, I'll stop.
"Liar." Is simple heard from Hisoka. "He probably begged you to grant him one final wish, yes?"
"Well, I felt sorry for the guy. Given that he was death either way." His whole body clicks and ticks as he starts walking and comes to a stop next to where Hisoka's seated. "You should cease pitying enemies who serve no purpose."
"You've done it before, haven't you?" A click is heard as Illumi turns his head towards Hisoka, "You've walked away from opponents before finishing them." He's talking about Gon and Leorio.
"I have standards. I'm not interested in people who have no purpose. I only spare those whose deaths would go to waste." He argues back calmly, and I sweat drop a little at his nonchalance. Yeah... I hope I'm one of those people whose death would go to waste.
"What about his tag?"
"Oh, I already took it." He holds up a finger, "I have six points now, so I don't need this one. You can have it." He throws the tag number 80 towards Hisoka, who catches it with easy. Wait....Didn't I have that one?!
I start patting where my tag and hers were, and find fortunately, that my tag is still there why I hid it. Did hers fall out or something? Because I can clearly remember that I put it with my tag.
"Whose tag is this?" I shake my head, remembering to focus on not getting caught because that would be bad news for me. "It belonged to some guy who tried to snipe me. He ticked me off, so I killed him." So instead of going after me, she tried to kill him? That is...uhm, not a very smart move.
"Well, then..." Illumi pulls out a pin from his temple, causing his once purple hair to turn black. I need to warn Kil about this, so he can be ready for him. He pulls out more and more pins, till there's nothing left in his head. It is strangely fascinating to watch how his head forms into his normal face, and I openly gape at him.
"This is always so fascinating to watch." Comments Hisoka. "It's pretty hard on me..." He retorts back as his hair grows longer and longer 'til it reaches his lower back. As he opens his black, pupil-less eyes, I quickly suppress a shudder. Like he is staring straight into your soul.
"I feel much better." Says Illumi in a somewhat joyful manner, and immediately after he says that, he kneels down and starts digging with his bare hands. I dig my nails into my cheeks to prevent from laughing out loud. Hold it in, hold it in, just hold it in.
Luckily, I didn't laugh out loud, but I really was on the brink of doing it, damned the consequences. Phew.... I hope I can survive this.
"Well, I'll just sleep here until the final day. Good luck." He disappears into the hole, bringing a lot of soil up to cover up the hole. And so we settle down again, me watching Hisoka, and he is just sitting there with a small smile on his face.