Brother Trouble Pt. I

Previous
Gon didn't bother with pleasantries while Akira waved cheerfully at them, also at Hanzo and Menchi, and even at Hisoka. Kurapika couldn't tell what she was thinking as Gon and Akira made their way downstairs. However, Gon's expression told him that things were about to go down. So, Kurapika mentally prepared for it.

Third p.o.v
There's a grim air hanging around the room. Gon storms to Gittarackur-Illumi, Akira quietly skipping behind him, and stops in front of Illumi, his face stormy.
"Apologize to Killua!" Gon all but bellows at Illumi, who seems oblivious to Gon's presence. Silence fell upon them and all that was left was the harsh breathing sounds from Gon as he awaited Illumi's response. Seconds tick by when Illumi finally acknowledges Gon. Black, empty eyes turn to stare into brown eyes.
"Apologize? For what?" He tilts his head as he questions Gon, his toneless voice grates on Gon's ears. Sounding like he did nothing wrong. Acting like he did nothing wrong. He grits his teeth and clenches his hands before taking a deep breath.
"You don't know what you did wrong?"
"Nope." His fingers dig into the soft flesh of his hand and he prepares himself to punch Illumi in the face when a hand touches his back. It's Akira.
"Take a deep breath." She whispers, rubbing his back in slow, circling motions. At her reminder, he takes a slow, shuddering breath and unclenches his fist slightly. Akira wasn't quite glaring at Illumi. Her icy blue eyes scanned him from his toes to the top of his head before meeting Illumi's stare head on.
"Now I know why Kil ran away from his family." She bares her teeth into a wide smile. Her smile sends chills down Leorio's and Kurapika's spine. "I wouldn't want a brother like you, either."
"You're not qualified to be his brother." Everyone else is also infected by the tension seeping off of Gon. The room is so quiet that they could hear a pin drop.
"I wasn't aware I needed to qualify to be his sibling...." Illumi's expression hasn't changed in the whole exchange, he watched Gon breathe heavily with the same aloof face like he had ordered Killia to kill Bodoro. And Illumi. Illumi shrugged off the accusations without any care in the world. Without any care for Killua. That makes Gon snap. In a flash, he has grabbed Illumi's right arm in a tight grip and rips him out of his seat. A few people inhale sharply. Akira smoothly sidesteps to avoid colliding with Illumi and simply stares at him, her eyes devoid of any emotions as he fluidly lands on his toes. Gon's eyes are narrowed as he holds onto Illumi's arm in a tightening grip.
"Friends don't need to qualify either!" He squeezes harder, feeling Illumi's blood pulsing beneath his hand and his arm twitches slightly. Illumi almost stumbles back as Gon glares up at him, but covers his reaction up as Gon's gaze hardens, squeezing his arm even harsher. A vein pulses in his arm. This boy....
"Don't bother apologizing." Gon says calmly, shifting his stance a little and Illumi stares down at him. "Just take us to see Killua." His voice isn't quite venomous, but it's getting there.
This was a different side of Gon talking. Though he had calmly waited for Akira to get her arm recasted since she broke it when she faced Killua off, it was obvious the situation surrounding Killua and Illumi sat heavily on his mind. He looked high-strung on the outside, like one more thing gone wrong and he would snap. Akira and Gon had tried, but they weren't fast enough to confront Killua properly. And that weighed him down.
"What will you do then?"
"That's obvious! I'm gonna bring Killua back!"
"You make it sound as though I kidnapped Kil.... He walked out by his own choice."
"But it wasn't by choice." Annoyance creeps into Gon's voice. Gon didn't like how the crowd behind him was staring at them. Everybody else looked interested in this drama unfolding in front of their eyes, although a few of them were clearly uncomfortable with it. At least Akira was a comforting presence behind him. "You guys were manipulating him. It's the same thing as kidnapping!" It felt like he was a bomb ready to blow, the empty eyes of Gitte-Illumi staring into his angry ones, holding no sympathy. No nothing. And only held together by the thin threads of protectiveness of Killua and Akira making sure he doesn't snap.
The sound of wood hitting the floor interrupts their conversation. Isaac Netero smiles reassuringly at the whole group in the room.
"We happened to be discussing this very subject, Gon, Akira." Nobody seems to notice the quick flash of confusion in Akira's eyes. "Kurapika and Leorio have both lodged complaints." About what?
"The committee has been discussing," just hurry up already and spit it out, old man! "If Illumi should be disqualified."
"Killua had behaved in a strange matter during and since the battle," Kurapika cuts in, standing up, "with the man called Illumi." His eyes are narrowed as he glared at Illumi. "I believe that he was hypnotized into almost committing the murder. Under normal circumstances, it would be impossible to use hypnosis to induce a person to kill. However, since Killua was raised in a family of assassins, murder was a part of his daily life, so it's natural that he would lack the ethical restraint of most!" He says, trying his best to defend Killua's actions.
"I want to mention that the attack happened during the match between Bodoro and me." Leorio's calm voice fills the room up. Kurapika turns his head to see Leorio standing firmly behind him.
"The situation could be interpreted..." He hesitates, trying to find the right word to use in this scenario, "as Killua intending to aid my cause. Give that, shouldn't be I disqualified?" He gestures to himself.
"In any event, Killua was clearly not in control of his own actions. Illumi could have played a significant role in it, thus, should he be at least interrogated!" Kurapika sounds furious, accusation lacing his voice.
"That is a mere speculation." Netero turns around and makes his way back to the sturdy, wooden desk standing there. "There is no proof."
"There were no clear signs of an almost committed murder." Amusement colors his voice as he continues. The room suddenly feels too small. Feels too constricted and Akira couldn't breath. Why would he say that, when he knew Nen existed? That was a question Akira always had when this part of the anime came up. Did nothing in his head ring some bells, nothing that made him suspicious about the whole situation. Manipulation was not easy to spot, at all. She knew that. Case in point, in the episode were Phantom Rouge was in Yorkshin and Phinks and Feitan were about to attack Paku because they thought she was being manipulated. There was also the possibility that Netero has an idea about what's happening because he's... wel, Netero. Akira was deep in her thoughts when she realizes Netero has continued to talk."
"-Leorio held the edge. There was no need for Killua to interfere." Leorio clicks his tongue in irritation at his claims being brushed aside.
"Well, you could be right." She bares a grin that shows her white teeth. Even though she wears a wide grin on her face, her eyes hold no warmth or an ounce of the girl they are used to.
"But you know just as well, that he be very much manipulated into almost committing murder." Although Netero had just dismissed the claims of manipulation or hypnotization, the way she just said it made it seem like she was talking about something else, as if she knew something. Netero meets her icy blue eyes with an almost....wary, shadowed expression.