Ponzu pt.2

Previous
"Akira..." I avert my gaze at Bourbon, forcing myself to take steps towards him. I will do it, even if there is a chance I will die!

Akira p.o.v
"Hey, Akira." Ignoring Kurapika's frantic tone, I swallow slowly and start walking towards Bourbon. "Wait, what are you doing? Didn't you hear what I just said? Hello?" Ponzu's voice start rising in octave each step I take closer towards Bourbon.
The snakes are looking at me with their yellow eyes and hiss threateningly when I come closer. A bead of sweat slides down my forehead and I square my shoulders before reaching out. I can do it!
"Ahhhh!" Screams Ponzu horrified behind me as all the snakes attack me simultaneously. "Akira!" The pain is like hot magma wriggling it's way through my veins. They are curling around me, biting and squeezing in order to protect their master. "S-She's crazy..."
It hurts...I feel my fingers graze something that is different from Bourbon's clothes. It hurts so much...I wrap my fingers around the antidote, also taking the tag from him, and feel my body is starting to weaken under the poison.
"Found it!" I shriek as a snake bites in my wrist, and manage to bite out. "Kura!" Before throwing the antidote backwards, without knowing if he's going to catch it or not. "Akira!" He screams. My vision tilts back as the gravity pulls me down, and hit the ground with a loud blow. "Use....it on...Leorio." My vision is swimming, and the nausea hits me on full force, crawling up to my throat.
It's too hot and at the same time too cold. I can see black spots are at the corner of my eyes, looking close to swallow me. Until that moment is broken by a prick in my arm, and a soothing, feeling washes over me. Jesus Christ...How the hell did Leorio survive that? I stay still for a moment longer, trying to come back to my senses.
"I don't believe it...She just jumped into a nest of poisonous snakes to search for an antidote not even knowing if he had it?"
"The odds were in her favor."
"What?"
"If you're gong to poison someone, you'd need the antidote at hand as a bargaining chip." Kurapika starts explaining at her question. And because I watched the anime. I think a little dryly. "That's true, but..."

Kurapika (third) p.o.v
That said, it took an incredible amount of courage to do what she just did.

Akira p.o.v
"Leorio's condition is stabilizing. He should be fine." A sigh of relief slips past my lips, and then groan softly at the bite wounds of the snakes. Man, not sure if I'm gonna repeat that shit, but....
"You must be really good friends." I still have to get them out of here. With another groan I sit up straight, rubbing my wrist as the pain spikes up a little again. Ignoring the pain, I turn to Ponzu. "Hey, do you maybe have some sleeping gas left?"
"I do..." She says hesitantly, and I grin widely. "Would you trade it for this?" I hold up the tag of Bourbon. "Ah!" Her eyes widen almost comically. "That's Bourbon's!" I lower it again after a second of her gazing at it longingly.
"That would make six points for you, right?"
"Yes, that's right." She gazes at me in confusion. "But what are you going to do with the sleeping gas?" I'm not sure if it's gonna work because I can't hold my breath as long as Gon, but at least I can try.
"Put all the snakes to sleep, so we can escape." I answer as calm as possible, trying to not show any nervousness or anxiety. "It'd be more effective than when I sprayed the gas from the outside. Within five minutes, the entire cave will fill with gas, and the snakes will be asleep. But it'll take five minutes! No one can hold their breath that long." I wrap the bandages around my ankle a little tighter, and check if I still can stand and walk on it.
"There's no point if we put ourselves to sleep in the process." She tries to explain, while I'm stretching and checking if I still have enough energy carry them. This is the only possibility, I can't think of anything else. "Seven minutes and thirty seconds."
Pausing in her rant, she turns to me again. "Huh?" Just try to convince them.
"That's my record." I grin. After I watched this episode and found out Gon could his breath for almost ten minutes, I wanted to try it, too. Right now, my record is on five minutes and ten seconds, but I'll manage.
"I'll hold my breath and carry everyone out of here." She closes her eyes at my answer and shakes her head. "I can't trust you. You might escape by yourself." This time Kurapika takes over from me. "You really think she'd that, after jumping into a nest of poisonous snakes to safe Leorio?"
I thrust with my thumb against my chest. "Trust me! I will get you out of here!" She glances from Kurapika to me a few times, debating whether or not she would trust us. A moment later she smiles fondly before nodding. "All right." Okay...now the grand finale.
She sets the sleeping gas down with a clack, and turns the cap a little. "It's ready." She announces. Hmmm...I'm gonna do something else first. Using the last part of my blouse, I rip it a bit till I find it good enough, and then turn to Ponzu. "Before you release the sleeping gas, do you maybe have some water?" She looks confused, but nods. "Yeah...why?"
"Can I have it?" She nods again before turning to her backpack, and starts searching before grabbing a water bottle out of it. "Thanks!" I grab the bottle from her, drenching the blouse before giving it back to her. I tie it behind my head, covering my mouth.
"On my signal, release the gas."
"Got it."
I take a deep breath in, feeling the damp air filling my lungs and then give her a nod and a thumbs up as a signal. She nods for the last time, looking nervous about the prospect and then start releasing the sleeping gas. I hope I can stay awake. Is the last thought that enters my mind before I concentrate on not panicking and the need to breath.

Fuck, fuck, they're heavy! I scream inside my mind, my head feels light, and the black spots have returned. Seeing the grass coming closer, I summon the last bit of my energy and dash outside. "Haaaaaaahhhh!" The fresh air is welcoming, driving away the lightness and the black spots. "Fuck, yeah!" I screech loudly before tumbling to the ground. "Fuck!"

Leorio and Kurapika are laying on the grass, still knocked out from the sleeping gas, just like Ponzu. While I'm leaning on my hands and knees, gasping for air. "Fuck..." I say breathlessly, "Never again." And grit my teeth, picking myself up to settle Ponzu against a tree, a small, satisfied smirk stretches my lips.
"Here, this is Bourbon's tag, so they can still find you, and..." I open her backpack, seeing her tag precisely laying where I saw it before she released the sleeping gas. "If I give Leorio your tag, he'll have six points and pass." I stand up, dusting of the grass and earth that stuck to my knees. "Consider it the fee for carrying you out of here!" I throw it up, and catch it again before giving her a cheeky grin.
"Gomen-ne!" Hèhèhè.

Third p.o.v
"The Fourth Phase of the exam has just ended. Will the applicants please return to the starting point at once?" Echoes the woman's voice over the island. "You will be given one hour of extra time. If you do not return during this time, you will fail the exam. Furthermore, you're not allowed to exchange tags after reaching the starting point." A few people start walking out of the bushes towards the reaching point.
"Anyone caught swapping tags will be disqualified."

With a soft thud the gangway falls on the ground, and the examiner exits the boat. "Then we will now check the tags of everyone here!"
"#44, Hisoka-san."
384 (3p)
80 (1p)
281 (1p)
1118 (1p)
"#53, Pokkle-san."
53 (3p)
105 (3p)
"#99, Killua-san."
99 (3p)
199 (3p)
"#405, Gon-san."
405 (3p)
198 (3p)
"#301, Gittarackur-san."
301 (3p)
371 (3p)
"#191, Bodoro-san."
191 (3p)
34 (3p)
"#294, Hanzo-san."
294 (3p)
197 (3p)
"So seven applicants have passed?" She concludes cheerfully before a few other persons catch her eye. "Oh?" As they come closer, Killua and Gon realize it's Kurapika, Leorio and Akira. The latter is hobbling a bit.
"Akira."
"Aki! Are you okay?!"
"Ah, three more arrive at the last second." She waves excitedly. "Hey, hey, hey! Did you wait for me?!" And would've fallen if not for the fact Kurapika held her up. Killua frowns slightly. What happened that caused her so much wounds?
"And now for the last few members...#404, Kurapika-san."
404 (3p)
16 (3p)
"#403, Leorio-san."
403 (3p)
246 (3p)
"And #406, Akira-san."
406 (6p)
44 (3p)
"These ten applicants have passed the Fourth Phase of the exam!"
"Yosh, I'm fired up!"
"You need to rest first, idiot!"