Meeting the prisoners

Akira p.o.v
Let's go! We jump at the same time on the hidden doors, causing it to flip around and I almost shriek. I was just scared shitless, okay? I didn't expect it to be it this fast!
I land softly on my feet and sigh in relief. For a moment I thought I was gonna die. And burst out laughing as I see that Leorio lands on his face. "Old man can't you even land properly on your feet?"
He looks like he wants to snap back at me only to pause. His eyes widen and his mouth goes slack.
"Huh?"
"Hmm? Do I've something on my face?" I ask, looking confused, before pausing as well. Oh, wait...
"Wait!"
"You just realized that now?!" I start rubbing the back of my neck, laughing awkwardly with Gon and Killua. Kurapika stands up dusting the invisible dust off his clothes.
"Well, that was quite a brief farewell." So, that means...I turn my head to the side.
"Oh, so all the doors led to the same room...." Ignoring Leorio's voice, I start walking to a small board with a sentence and five stopwatches. Holy crap, I can't read this shit. Luckily Gon is standing next to me, probably followed me to see what I was up to.

"The five of you must follow the will of the majority to reach the goal."

"Welp, we're lucky that we're with five people!" I say cheerfully, folding my hands behind my back.
"Look...There are five stopwatches." Killua picks up one of the stopwatches, examining it closely, although there isn't that much to see. "There's an O and an X button." We all grab one, slipping it on our wrists.
"And the timer on the stopwatch, so that means how much time we've left." Concludes Kurapika, examining it as well, but just like Killua, he can't find that much.
"That is correct!" An awful cheerful tone has the voice as it suddenly speaks up. There's only thing I'm a bit scared about...
"Who's that?!" ...And that is how much I'm changing things here in this alternative universe.
"My name is Lippo. I am the prison warden here, as well as the Third Phase examiner." He continues, sounding like he enjoys it a bit too much.
"Prison warden?"
"Multiple routes through this tower have been prepared. You have chosen the path of majority rule. Cooperation will be the key if you wish to clear this phase of the exam. One person's selfish behavior can derail an entire group. Best of luck, gentlemen and lady!" On the right side all of the sudden slides a part of it open, giving us access to another room.

"At this door, select O to open, X not to open."

"Forcing us to majority rule already?" Ah, yes. Tonpa would be constantly trying to sabotage them.
"The answer should be obvious..." Mumbles Leorio, looking equally confused as Kurapika. We all push the button simultaneously. This time Tonpa can't push the X.
O:5, X:0
"Yosh, let's go!" I pump my fist into the air, feeling excited about all this happening. We're gonna win, and with a small chance I can also become a Hunter!
"Seriously...Another question so soon?" Leorio asks, sweat dropping. We walked for like two minutes.

"Which way do you want to go? O for right. X for left."

"Right..." We turn our heads to the right. "Or left..." In the end I just decided to push the O button. It won't make such a big difference between 3 and 4.
O:4, X:1
"Huh?! Wh-Why would you choose to go right? Normally, you should go left..."
"So you're the only one that choose left, Leo!" I say teasingly, dodging the wack he's trying to give me.
"S-Shut up!" My smile widens at his embarrassed face,
"That is true. Studies have indicated that people who are lost or stuck at forks unconsciously tend to go left." Kurapika explains, seemingly not bothered by our ruckus.
"I've heard that before, too." Killua quips in. Haha! You lose Leorio!
"Y-You guys..." As Killua and Kurapika start walking further, ignoring his tantrum.
"You know, that's why they choose to go right...To outfox the examiner." I wiggle my finger, after that skipping after the rest. "Oi! So I'm just simple-minded!"
"Yup!" I pop the p happily.
"Oi! You don't have to be so honest!"

My feet are starting to hurt. Wait...A sudden thought struck me. Does that mean instead of Tonpa I'm meant to go and fight that guy? I gulp slowly, clenching my fists. That's terrifying! I do not notice that Gon glances my way, seeing my clenched fists and nervous expression. He offers me a reassuring smile. I smile back, but it feels more like a grimace.
"Wh-What is this place?" Asks Leorio, bringing me back to what is going to happen now.
"Look over there." We all glance to the other side. There are four prisoners standing there, chained and with a hood over the head to prevent us from seeing them. And the fifth one...is in the shadows watching.
"The applicants have arrived. Remove the shackles." A loud screeching is heard when the shackles are removed from the first person, Bendot.
"Jeez..." After that he pulls the hood over his head. A smirk is evident on his face.
""I'm finally free." A sweat drop slides down my back as I gulp again, the salvia in my mouth not working as I try to swallow it away.
"Allow me to explain, gentleman and lady. Before you are some of the Trick Tower's prisoners." Lippo starts speaking.
"Prisoners?"
"The Hunter Exam Committee has officially hired them as examiners. You will be fighting against the five of them. The fights will be one-on-one. Each person may only fight once. You are free to use any method you like. There will be no draws. A win is declared when the opponent admits defeat." The smirks is audible in the examiner's voice as he continues with explaining and I grit my teeth, the nervous feeling worsens.
"You may pick your order. It's majority rule." Bendot holds up three fingers. "So secure three wins, and you may pass. The rules are simple."
"Tsk.." Leorio sounds irritated. "Majority rule again?"
"Well, I prefer straightforward rules." I don't want a death match, but I also don't want to give up.
"However, the actual fights will not be quite so simple. The prisoners' sentences will be reduced by one year, for every hour they delay the applicants here. In other words, their goal is also to buy time."
"I understand....And we must reach the goal within seventy-two hours. So time will be critical during these fights." We all silently look at Bendot, the tension just became a lot thicker then a while ago.

Bendot
Robbery and murder; 199 years sentence

"Okay, I'm up first. Choose your combatant!" I'll go.
"What should we do? He said that we can fight with any method. So that means anything goes." Killua asks, not looking like he's enjoying it that much.
"We don't know what they'll try to pull...There's too much at stake without knowing what they have up their sleeves. Given that, I shall-" I cut Kurapika off, knowing that we need him later.
"I'll go." Hiding my fear behind determination I step forward.
"Aki?!"
"Akira?!"