Before the Final Phase pt.2

Pokkle (third) p.o.v
"I'm watching out for number 404. He looks to be the most balanced applicant left." He smiles slightly, but then grimaces. "I definitely don't want to fight number 44. To be honest, I doubt I can beat him."

Killua (third) p.o.v
"Has to be Gon and Akira. Since we're around the same age." He crosses his arms behind his head. "I don't want to fight number 53. I don't think it would be a very interesting fight."

Bodoro (third) p.o.v
"I've got my eye on number 44. He has real presence." He closes his eyes briefly. "Number 405, 406 and 99 are still children. I couldn't bring myself to fight them."

Gittarackur (Illumi, third) p.o.v
His neck and all sort of things click as he turns to the right. "Number 99." The sounds repeat as he turns to the left. "Number 44."

Gon (third) p.o.v
"Who am I watching out for?" He asks softly to himself, before snapping to attention again. "Number 44, Hisoka. A lot has happened, so I've been watching him." His lips quirk up in a small smile. "I can't choose out of number 99, 406, 403 and number 404."

Hanzo (third) p.o.v
"It has to be number 44. He's the most dangerous one here. And number 44 is the one I least to fight."

Kurapika (third) p.o.v
"I'm watching number 406 for positive reasons, and number 44 for negative reasons." He closes his eyes. "If I'm given ample reason, I'll fight anyone. If not, I would prefer not to fight anyone."

Leorio (third) p.o.v
"Number 406." He grins. "I owe her, and I hope that she passes the exam. So I'm hoping I don't have to fight number 406."

Akira (third) p.o.v
"Hey, Old Man." She gives him an excited wave as she sits down. "Long time no see! And it was nice of you to help us out. Also, I will beat you in the next fight!" He chuckles halfheartedly at her excitement. "Still as lively as ever, hé?" He cackles. "Well? Which one of the applicants do you have your eye on?" She puckers her lips at that and hums thoughtfully.
"Feather Eyebrows. I think his name was Hanzo....The reason why is, because he looks like he has fought a lot." She the grins widely. "And I don't want to fight number 403, 405, 99, and 404!" He also hums in response at that and turns back to his paper.
"And...uhm...Old Man?" She speaks up again, albeit a bit hesitant.
"Yeah?"
"My clothes got ripped. Is there a chance I could change into something else?" She chuckles nervously. "Of course, of course. I'm sure Menchi has some spare clothes for you." He scratches his chin with the brush. "You can go now."
"Okay! See ya!"

Third p.o.v
"Hmmm, the results were more lopsided than I was expecting."

Akira p.o.v
"I'm doomed, am I not?" I whisper softly to myself, as my gaze slides over the landscapes. Because there's a huge chance I am going to fight Hanzo, because I practically took Gon's place! "Jeez! Why did that happen?!" I cry out, and start tugging at my hair, feeling frustrated.
"Akira." With a yelp I almost tumble out of my little spot I have by the window, and my head snaps so quickly towards Kura, I'm almost afraid I broke something. His lips quirk up at my antics and he walks closer. "We've reached the Final Phase of the exam." I don't notice as his eyes gives me a quick once over and nod.
"Yup!" Before my mood dampens by a thought, and I turn away from Kurapika to hide it. I still have a chance that I have to fight Hanzo, though.

Third p.o.v
With a last swipe of his brush, Netero finishes, his arm stuck in midair. "Yes, that's good." He mumbles to no one in particular and stands up, planning to share his scheme with the rest.

The door opens smoothly, revealing the chairman, a dopey expression on his face. "Sorry to keep you waiting." He exclaims cheerfully, not looking sorry at all. "I've drawn up the bracket." And holds up the bracket, grinning inwardly at their reactions.
"Huh?"
"What is this?" Menchi bends closer to look at it, a disbelieving look on her face. Lippo simply stares at it, a bead of sweat slides down his temple. "Ch-Chairman?" Exclaims Buhara, sweat gathering on his forehead. "What?!"
"Are you serious about this?" He cackles at that question. "Dead serious." Satotz looks like he wants to say more, but settles down with a mutter, more to himself than the other, "He certainly has a serious expression."
Menchi sweat drops, and turns to him. "Th-That's a serious expression?" But is snapped back to attention by the chairman's next words. "Winning will make them Hunters."

Akira p.o.v
I feel Kurapika's glance on me, but ignore it as I keep my gaze on the outside, watching the clouds drift past us. "Akira...."
"Yeah?" I really, really don't want to fight Hanzo. How selfish it is. "Did something happened during the Fourth Phase?" I glance at him from the corner of my eye for a second before dragging my gaze away. "When we met up, you were acting a little strange." I just....feel guilty about taking Gon's achievements. "And you've been somewhat subdued since we left Zevil Island." I hum softly. "My target was Hiso-kun." My favorite clown of every anime, but since I've felt his fist meeting my face, it has become less of favorite and more like I want to avoid him.
"I got a perfect chance and caught his tag with Gon's fishing rod, but someone else who had my tag as his target, got me with a poison dart." A soft sigh escapes my lips and I rotate my upper body to face Kurapika. "Hisoka killed him, and took back his tag. But instead of taking it with him, he left it with me. Said I owed him now."
Kurapika's eyes widen slightly as he hears that. "Hisoka said that?" I nod a bit solemnly, my thoughts drifting away to the encounter back then. He was so fucking terrifying...How he towered... "In response I threw his tag back to him and told him I didn't need it, and he sent me flying." I can still feel it even though it has been a few days.
"I was....shocked." My voice is quiet in the hallway. "Shocked because he easily could've  killed me and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it." And then I never would've gotten home. I clench my fists.
"After that...I guess I felt the need to be helpful. I wanted to be help someone, because I couldn't help myself, I guess." I nibble on my under lip. "That was why I was looking for you all, but I came across you two first."  And because Gon hasn't experienced this feeling, he wouldn't be able to help you two, so I had to fix things. Because it is my fault I changed it, if I hadn't joined them on the Hunter Exam, this all wouldn't have changed.
"Akira." I glance to the side, the not so happy thoughts melting like snow for the sun. "Leorio and I have only been able to make it this far because of you." I know I am in Gon's place, but.... He closes his eyes before turning towards me, his lips curling up in a grateful smile. But.... "We're truly grateful." I give him a small smile in return. This feeling is...nice.
"I'd like to thank you, too."