Cooking

Akira p.o.v
Don't they know how to cook?! I cry inside my head and smile confidently after that. After all...I hold a small wooden coal. These guys are going to help me. Wood coals burn at very high temperatures for a long duration. This will help with roasting the pig to perfection. I just brought some wooden sticks with me and chopped them so I could burn them at high temperature, that's what brought me here. I spread the wooden coals evenly over the spit. And now the gross part. I quickly start to work to remove the organs and some troublesome accessory from the pig and dump it into a container. This is fucking gross, man, I never have done this before but I read enough about so...let's hope I can remember it. A small sweat drop slides down my temple. This is gonna be harder than I originally thought. I bring a bucket with water, the water is sloshing over the sides and with great difficulty I place it down without spilling to much. After that I cleaned the pig and start adding the butter, salt, pepper, some spiciness and lastly but not least some nutmeg and thyme. I lick my lips. This is already starting to smell really good. But...I forgot one thing. I just can't get that large thing up onto the spit. And....where are Gon and the rest when you need them?! I look around me, trying to find someone who could help me. Hiso-kun!
"Hiso-kun!" I wave frantically, already running towards him.
"Can you please help me with getting my pig onto my spit?" I skid to a stop before him. His yellow eyes narrow slightly before turning back and he smiles.
"And what could I gain from this, Little Lamb?" He smiles coyly.
A bit annoyed at his nickname, I almost want to glare but chose not to and decide to say something about his pig.
"Maybe help with your pig, it looks more like someone went to war." I comment dryly, giving his pig an once over.

And that's how I got some help from Hisoka! Although he didn't seem particularly happy with my choice of words. I sweat drop, still struggling to get the pig onto the spit. After (finally) me and Hiso-kun got the pig on the spit, I tie quickly the pigs legs and midsection to the spit to avoid getting it burned by the coals. "Thanks! So...what do you need help with?" I turn to him, and am immediately a bit creeped out by his smile. He needs to learn how to smile, man fucking save me.

Hisoka (sort of) p.o.v
The way she's talking to him...makes him question her sanity. And he doesn't know if he should be turned on or kill her for talking to him this way. And her potential...He licks his lips unconsciously and smiles. The potential he saw...it could be tremendous with the right training. It makes him wonder if she's completely human. It doesn't matter, after all...he'll kill her when the time is right.

Akira p.o.v
"Finally!" I sigh, relieved and wipe the sweat of my face. And my clothes are sticky, man what a day. Maybe the guys have some spare clothes.
"Hey, Aki! How is it going with your pig?" An excited voice chimed in. Fuck, he scared me to dead. "Go-chan! You scared me!"
"Sorry, sorry." He grins, rubbing the back of his head, not looking sorry at all.
"So how is it going with you?" I smile happily. "Perfect!" He grins and wants to say more, but he's loudly interrupted by number 255.
"Now eat the pig and send me to the next phase."
"Okay, it's evaluation time. Taste testing." She says, looking bored by this all.
Ding ding! The fat guy holds up a small sign with a red circle.
"Tastes good!" Number 255 looks even more smug than he already was.
Buzz! Menchi holds up the sign with a cross without even taking a bite from it.
I actually don't know what to expect but her.
"It's overcooked. The tough texture ruins the flavor of the meat." She explains, already looking like she's done with it.
"What? You haven't even tried it!"
"It's plain as day." She waves the sign to indicate he has to go.
"Damn it..." And so the next ones bring their pigs, and Menchi continues with buzzing them. Gon and I walk to Leorio and Kurapika (after I put out my fire of course), and stop besides them.
"No one's passed yet...." Sighs Leorio. "And Menchi hasn't even taken a bite...." Continues Kurapika, having a thoughtful expression on his face.
"Hey! Can't anyone out there satisfy me?!" Menchi screams.
"Stick a fork in your ass." I mumble softly, feeling my irritation level spiking.
"That's it!" Kurapika snaps with his fingers. "The phase of the exam is a cooking test, but they're judging us on originality and powers of observation." Yes, you're right but you will still do it wrong. Guess I'll go back to my pig and slice it already. I grin. I will win! And almost burst out laughing at the next thing that happens with Leorio, Gon and Kurapika.
"Hahaha! You suck!" I point a finger at Leorio and see immediately a vein popping up in his forehead. "As if you will do a better job!" I smirk.
"Of course." Finally it is my turn. Feeling sweaty all of the sudden I bring the dish up to their table. But square my back and present them my dish.
I'm hungry. "Here! I hope you like it!" I quip, ignoring my growing hunger.
"Hmmm...not bad." She comes closer to inspect it. I feel a sweat drop sliding down my back. "I have to say you have really awesome hair." I blurt out before I can stop myself. She pauses, looks at me and narrows her eyes.
"Do you mean that?" Searching in my eyes...for something I think? I nod.
"Yeah! The color is pretty cool!" She smiles. "Thanks, but now back to your food." With a fork she takes a bit of my pig.
"Wow...it's actually pretty good-What are you doing?!" She screams as I sit next to Buhara eating the pig. "Huh?"
Ding ding! Is heard from Buhara. "It's so good!"
"Don't 'huh' me!" I swallow the pig before answering her. What's wrong? I'm just really hungry.
"I'm hungry!" She gives me unbelievable eyes and brings up her sign.
Buzz! What?
"Failed."
"Ahhh, no man. What did I do wrong?"
"You can't sit next to us eating! We're testing the dish!" I grin and point.
"But you didn't say you didn't like it! So you thought it tasted pretty good right?"
Her cheeks flame. "O-Of course not!"
"Okay.....It was nice to meet you!" I hop down the small stage and run towards Killua and the rest.
"Just like that?!" She screams.
"That said, it would be excessive to fail every single applicant." Wait...he is already here?! A huge ass zeppelin flies in the air.
"That's the symbol fo the Hunters Association! Is it someone from the Selection Committee?" Asks someone before I see a small figure jumping off the zeppelin.
Incoming! The old man lands on the ground, causing all sorts of soil and pebbles flying up. I shield my eyes to prevent them from coming in my mouth.
As finally the soil lays down again I look up, right at the old man.
This shit is about to get real!