Netero & Talk

Akira p.o.v
"Hey, Gon." Gon's determined strut to find the brother of Killua pauses as I address him. His back is tense, shoulders pulled taut before he relaxes and turns around, his lips stretched into a smile. This kid's mood changes.... It makes me feel a little weird, but I'm snapped back to reality by his voice.
"Yes, Aki-chan?"
"Well, there's something I need to talk about with Netero-san, so, will you be alright if I take my leave?"
"Why do you want to talk to Netero-san?" I smile awkwardly and show the palm of my hand as a picture of innocence, his curious eyes searching my face make me feel uncomfortable. Twitchy. Since Killua has disappeared, Gon's been acting weird. Which is understandable, but still something feels off about it. The silence stretches between and the corners of my mouth begin to ache in attempt to keep up my smile.
"Alright then, Aki. You will come back, right?"
"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" I tilt my head at his question, confused, but then pat his head. "I will be back, it's nothing serious." That is a straight up lie. I ruffle his hair for a bit longer before turning around and wave brightly as I sprint past Kurapika and Leorio.
"See you later!"

Third p.o.v
"Where's she going?" Leorio asks, gesturing at the quickly disappearing figure of Akira. Gon stares after her, feeling the lingering warmth of her when she tussled his hair. She can't leave. She won't leave... He blinks as he realises both Leorio and Kurapika are eyeing him, concern creeping slowly into their faces.
"She wanted to talk to Netero-san."
"About what?" He shakes his head because he doesn't know. Kurapika looks suspicious, but let's it go when Leorio just shrugs and accepts his answer. Even though Gon can see the question just written all over Kurapika's face.

Why does she want to talk to Netero-san?

And if he's being honest with himself, he wants to know why she wants to why she wants tot talk to Netero-san. They are friends, right? Don't friends tell each other everything? Why does she want to talk to Netero-san? The question lingers inside his head even when he goes up against Killua's brother, demanding to know where Killua has gone. Why does she want to talk to Netero-san? It goes in circles in his head when Illumi answers his question.
There's a strange feeling in his chest, like there's something pressing on it, restricting his breathing. She is his friend. She won't leave. She promised.

She promised.

Akira p.o.v
"Hey, Netero-san!" I shout, waving my hand excitedly as I spot the old man. Netero looks up, looking slightly surprised to be called before he spots me. His face lights up and laughs merrily.
"Akira! Is there something else I can do for you?" I come to a stop in front of him, a bit out of breath, but fine. The green jelly dude is standing next to him, staring up my face curiously. I smile down at him and hide the urge to squeeze him deep down inside of me. He needs to go.
"I was wondering if it was alright with you if we talked, privately?" My eyes flit down to the green dude to show that I didn't want him to listen in on us. A dubious glint lights up in Netero's eyes as he appears to assess me as if he sees me for the first time. I just smile close-eyed back at him and curl my fingers into my shorts and lean back onto my heels.
"Alright, then. Beans, leave us be." Beans throws Netero a look, but concedes after a moment. He greets us both before taking his leave and we watch his form get even smaller as we wait for one of us to break and speak up. The old man turns to me and strokes his beard that curls up weirdly.
"Well, what it is that you wanted to talk about, Akira?" Now the moment of truth. I squeeze my fingers harshly to stop them from trembling in anxiety and fear. I swallow. The sound is abnormally loud between the both of us, so I give him an awkward smile. A bead of sweat slides down my back. The cast is itching.
"To be honest, I haven't been completely honest about myself." There's the glint in his eyes again as his lips curl and he continues to stroke his beard. Sometimes I just wished people would speak their mind instead of playing mind-games. It irks me, those silent, assessing gazes. Judging for something.
"And why might you have not been honest about yourself?"
"I-I'm...." I part my lips again when a strangled sound escapes it. My face burns as his curious, but kind eyes are completely focused on me. Just say it. The words are stuck in my throat, refusing to slip past my lips.
"Are you alright, my dear? If you don't want to-"
"I'm from another world." A loaded silence follows up, making me even more twitchy than I already am. Netero blinks down at me as I stare resolutely back up at him. I feel like I'm drowning in his dark-brown eyes. It feels like hours go by, even though it probably hasn't been more than a few minutes. I clench my jaw in anxiety. Why isn't he saying something? Did I fuck up? Oh, my god, I fucked up, didn't I? I shouldn't have told him the truth-
Howling laughter puts a stop to my panicking and I feel my cheeks getting hot as Netero full on body laughs at me. I stare at him as doubles over, his laugh is grating my ears and I grit my teeth as he continues. On. Laughing.
"I-I'm sorry, my d-dear," he hiccups before delving into laughter once again. The old man doesn't seem like to stop laughing soon. Finally fed up with it all, I glare down at his laughing form and step closer before bending at the waist to meet his ear and simply whisper,

"Poor Man's Rose."

Third p.o.v
"Hey guys!" The trio all simultaneously look up from under the tree as they hear Akira's exclamation. She's waving excitedly as she runs to them at full speed, looking like she's not going to slowing down at all. Leorio yelps as she comes to a full body stop just a few inches in front of him and jumps backwards.
"Oi!"Ignoring his shout, Akira turns with a bright smile towards Gon and Kurapika.
"So, did I miss something? What are we going to do now?"
"Are you ignoring me?!"
"Gon confronted Illumi." Her eyes flit back over to Kurapika and she tilts her head. A weird feeling falls over Kurapika. Why does it feel like she wasn't surprised at all by his admission? Akira has already turned back to Gon before he has time to depict her reaction.
"Really? Did he do something? What did he say? Did he tell you where Killua-?" Leorio cuts her line of questioning off by slapping his hand over her mouth. With his other hand he itches the back of his head, irritated.
"Yes, some kind of mountain: Kukuroo Mountain." She licks his hand and he jerks back as if she has burned him.
"Kukuroo Mountain?" She echoes as Leorio wipes his hand on his trousers before locking her head into a headlock. "You annoying-!" She desperately tries to get out of his headlock all the while laughing as he ruffles her hair into a mess. Gon laughs at their antics while a crease appears between Kurapika's eyebrows as if he's in deep thoughts.
"Why did you want to talk to Netero-san?" Her reaction answers his suspicion. Akira freezes up for a second before relaxing again. She's hiding something. Really, Kurapika shouldn't have expected any different. After all, he has also secrets he isn't willing to spill to his friends, yet. 
"Ah... Well," Akira sighs, defeated, "I felt like I didn't deserve the Hunter License, even after talking to Mustache Man, so I tried to convince Netero-san to take the license back."

Akira p.o.v
I'm going to hell.

Third p.o.v

"Poor Man's Rose."

If hell existed, Akira was sure she was in it right now. The pressure of just his aura was enough to make Akira feel like she was suffocating. She couldn't even lift her hands to claw at her throat, desperate for air, for the strangulation to end.
Bloodlust was rolling off of Netero in waves, pulling her under, drowning her till she didn't know left from right anymore.
She fell onto her knees, gasping for air that won't fill her lungs up, all the while Netero is staring at her like she's an enigma he can't solve.
A shiver goes down her spine when he finally orders in a very dangerously, dark voice,
"Start talking."

Kurapika simply nods at her answer while Leorio frowns, looking like he wants to comment on it but a simple elbow in his side shuts him up.
Gon, though. For a second, Gon looks... betrayed. It is gone so quick, and he smiles so brightly her way, Akira can't help but wonder if she imagined it.
"So back to the mountain, ever heard of it?" Grunts Leorio, a little annoyed at the unnecessary jab in his side. Relieved, Akira quickly jumps onto the change of subject and shakes her head no. Gon and Kurapika also utter an agreement that they don't know.
"We can always look it up online."
"Or ask someone with a lot of knowledge!" Leorio hums thoughtfully, scratching his chin as a crease appears between his eyebrows,
"That is not even such a bad idea-"
"Hey!" His eyebrow twitches in annoyance at a loud, cheerful voice of a well-known person. Can't they have a conversation in private?!

So, it is not an excuse, however, my Ipad broke down, so that caused a lot of panic. And, I am now using my phone, so if there's some grammar faults, I hope you understand why and just point it put kindly.

I hope I have done Netero some justice! I find it difficult to write characters that I didn't design myself, so if a character seems off to you, my apologies!

Have a good day and hope you will continue on reading!