Final Phase pt.1

Akira p.o.v
"Well, gentlemen and lady. Did you get plenty of rest?" No, I didn't. I grumble inside my head and continue to braid my hair so it won't get into my eyes.
"This hotel is owned by the Hunter Exam Selection Committee. The place is all yours until the battles have concluded." Continues Netero as another man pushes a huge board that is hidden behind a blanket next to him. I'm scared.
"For the Final Phase, we will be holding a one-one tournament." With that being said he pulls the blanket of the board, showing a bracket. Silently Gon passed me a hair tie I gave him a few minutes ago, so I could in peace do my hair, and I give him a wide grin in which he returns with a huge smile of his own.
"So only the last person standing passes?" I quickly focus on the conversation again. "No." He holds up one finger for his face. "One win is all you need to pass." Gon's eyebrows furrow at his explanation. "One win?"
"Then, in this tournament..." Leorio trails off, apparently not further knowing what to say. "The winners are removed from competition, while the losers continue to move up the bracket." He folds his arms behind his back. "In other words, the person who finishes at the top will not pass." He gestures to the top before his hand disappears behind his back again and he turns to us. "Does everyone understand now?"
"So you're saying only one person will fail." Says Feather Eyebrows as if he's stating a fact. "Exactly." Satisfied with his answer, Feather Eyebrows crosses his arms, looking like he has no worries in the world. He probably hasn't.
"And here is the bracket." Netero already rips the paper of to show the bracket before I can even brace myself. I quickly squeeze my eyes shut and clench my fists. Okay, calm down, calm down Akira. It probably isn't that bad, just open your eyes and you will see everything is alright.
After reassuring myself for a little bit, I carefully peek through my eyelashes to see the bracket. Fuck. I elbow Gon in his side, and I don't wait for his response because I whisper-yell in his ear. "Gon, am I seeing this correctly?!"
He gives me a confused puppy expression, but nods and whispers back, "Yeah. Are you alright, Aki? Is there something wrong?" Deflating at his answer that I'm not hallucinating, I pipe up so I don't worry him and give him a nod with a peace sign. "Yup!" He doesn't look that convinced, but turns back to the bracket nonetheless. I sigh softly and glance at Hanzo....only to meet his eyes.
I whip my head so quickly around I swear I can hear a crack, but ignore it and instead glance concerned towards Kura, who is still staring at the bracket. He has to fight Hisoka....I feel very sorry for him, because I'd rather face Hanzo a hundred times before I face my less favorite clown again.
"Impressive, right? After all, everyone has at least two chances to win." Says Netero too cheerfully, and Pokkle speaks up. "But some people, like number 294 and 406, get six chances."
"Why didn't you use a balanced bracket?" Bodoro's voice almost sounds accusingly as he points that out. Netero closes his eyes. "A question that must be on everyone's mind." He looks like he is enjoying this way too much. I sweat drop a little.
"This bracket is assembled based on your performances throughout the exam. Those who performed better received more chances."
Killua looks surprised for a second, but quickly hides is behind an irritated mask and pushes his hands in his pockets. "That doesn't sound right. Can you explain how you scored our performances?" Here it comes. I hide my mouth behind my hand and try to prevent from a snort coming.
"No!" Netero screams, his body moving like jelly, his eyes go different ways and his ears are flapping like a dog. A vein pops up in Killua's head. "Why not?" Clearly startled from it. "Your scores are classified information. So I can't tell you anything." Before any of them can protest, he already continues. "But I can explain our methods."
"First, we consider three major criteria: physical strength, mental strength, and overal impression." He holds up three fingers, his aura is all of the sudden serious. "For physical strength, we use an aggregate of agility, flexibility, endurance, and perception." I grasp my chin between my index finger and my thumb and hum softly. Physical strength was average....I think.
"For mental strength, we use an aggregate of resilience, adaptability, judgement, and creativity. However, this information is only used as a reference point. After all, you were strong enough to advance to the Final Phase." My hands are a bit clammy as I continue to listen to Netero.
"However, we are most concerned with your overall impression. This refers to any intangible factors not previously mentioned." The tension in the air rises at his words. "You could consider this an evaluation of your potential as a Hunter. And we also incorporate the opinions of your peers. That was our process." He concludes, and closes his eyes. Does this mean...I actually am seen to have a lot of potential?

Killua (third) p.o.v
Based on performances I should be ranked higher....Do I have less potential than Akira and Gon? That thought doesn't settle well within his stomach.

Akira p.o.v
"The battle rules are quite simple. Weapons are allowed. No cheating. If your opponent admits defeat, you win. However!" He holds up a finger. "If you kill your opponent, you will be immediately disqualified. All the remaining applicant will pass, and the exam will end. Are we clear?"
Illumi is planning that Killua will kill Bodoro, so that he will be disqualified. I can put a stop to that, but...in order to do that, I need to tell him or... I gulp almost audible. Or I need to save Bodoro from Killua's claws somehow.
"Then, we shall begin the exam's Final Phase." I shake my head. But first I have a fight to win. For Gon.