12 장

Life has its funny way working out just when you start to believe it will never will  -Anon-

Daegu

When Tae Pyung told her that she is the reason why he could not achieve his dream to be an architect, Son Eon Jin decided not to engage so much with him aside from Kang Hoon's custody. That is what she has been doing for the past three years. Just limit her connection with him over Kang Hoon's matter. However, fate decided to do something different. Since the day they met each other on Kang Hoon's birthday, there seems to be always a way life wants them to meet. Like how their marital problems happened one by one like a domino, the happenings that occurred now are behaving the same. She and her ex-husband, somehow or rather, were destined to meet again and again.

Gong Ji Cheol snapped his fingers in front of her, and it brought her back to reality. "What are you thinking about? You look so into your thoughts," Son Eon Jin mind has been everywhere since she got the confirmation that SK Architects indeed is moving next door in a month.

Just smiling bitterly, she shook her head. She is waiting for her son to get ready to take him home. Eon Jin's routine is to pick up Kang Hoon from Ji Cheol's place every evening after work.

"Is it something to do with Tae Pyung?" Yejin just nodded. There is no use to hide from Ji Cheol, he can easily see through her.

Ji Cheol always envies Tae Pyung for being able to stir Eon Jin's heart even when he is no longer together with her. As much as he did not want to talk about that man, but he knew the woman in front of him needs someone, to lend their ears. If listening to her can release the worry in her head, he willing to do so. That's what a friend will do, isn't it?

"What did he do, this time?" he asked.

Smiling bitterly, Eon Jin answered in a low tone, "He will open his new office for the Koreana Hotel project next to our office. We will be working on the same level soon."

"Is working with him, bothering you?" he asked again.

Eon Jin shrugged lightly, "Honestly, I don't know. You know how hard I try not to meet him for these past years right? I don't know what happened, but it seems like fate is teasing me. Things keep happening to let us meet."

Leaning over the door pane, Ji Cheol crossed his arms and thinking what to tell her. The selfish Gong Ji Cheol will ask her to find another project and not getting involved with Tae Pyung, but the selfless Ji Cheol is against the idea. Who is he to dictate what Eon Jin should do or should not do in her life. She just got back her career, and he cannot ask her simply to be irresponsible and abandoned things she had started.

Taking a deep sigh, he asked carefully, "Do you think working with him will bother you, that much? If it is not, just act professionally. I believe Tae Pyung will do the same. He won't mix personal matters and work."

Ji Cheol has a point. She should act professional and just treat him as any other colleagues. Aside from her boss, no one else in the company knew the relationship between her and Tae Pyung. Eon Jin is always thankful to have a brother-like figure like Gong Ji Cheol to pour all her worries to get a piece of advice. Ji Cheol is a lovely man and Eon Jin never stop praying for him to get a good woman who will take care of him one day.

"Gomawo, Oppa. For listening. And where is that little boy? What took him so long?" she peeps inside the house to find Kang Hoon and that boy's eyes are still stuck on the TV watching the baseball game. His bags are still open, and the books are still on the table. Eon Jin could only shake her head. "Kim Kang Hoon, palli. Pack your books and put it inside the bag."

Kang Hoon shoved everything inside his bag when his mom had raised her soft voice and rush to the door. Ji Cheol ruffled Kang Hoon's hair and just chuckled at the boy's antiques. "Finish your homework, tonight." he reminded him once again.