10 장

Seoul

There are some memories though it is not very pleasant you want to keep it, just like what happened today. Nothing meaningful happened, but Kim Tae Pyung will remember this day for a very long time, nevertheless. From the moment she entered the meeting room to the moment he dropped her off at the hotel, he will remember it all. Things that happened today may not be happening again. The day he got to spend with his ex-wife without talking about child-rearing. Not only that, he got to have two meals with her today. The dinner at his mother's place is totally unplanned. Tae Pyung himself is shocked to meet her there. However, he takes it as he is lucky.

He was too caught up with his thoughts that he did not realize the light has turned green and the cars behind are honking him. Realizing that, he stepped on the accelerator and drove away. Because he pressed the paddle quite hard, the car jerk a little and something dropped from the back of the seat, and when he turned to look, it is the banchan his mother packed for Kang Hoon and Eon Jin. She must have forgotten to get it just now. So he made a hook u-turn and headed back to Sheraton Hotel. Kang Hoon loves the braised stir fry anchovies that his mother made, and it will be a pity if Eon Jin forgot to take home with her.

He arrived at Sheraton Hotel around 30 minutes later. Since he is just going to drop the banchan, he decided to park at a nearby cafe as there is a spacious parking bay. After finding an empty spot and parked, he took the banchan from the back seat and headed to the hotel. As he passed through the cafe, he noticed Eon Jin was inside. She is sitting by the big glass window. Tae Pyung smiles, thinking that this may be his third luck for the day by accidentally 'bumped' into her. Excitedly, he turned to enter the cafe only to have his steps halted when he saw a man is approaching Eon Jin's table and he placed their drinks on the table. He cannot see who the man is as he can only see the back. Jealousy hits Tae Pyung, and God knows how he really wants to disturb that coffee date, but his legs are not moving.

Tae Pyung just stood at his spot, watching his ex-wife from afar having a coffee session with another man. His chest feels heavy, but he does not know what that feeling is. Is he jealous? Is he sad? Is he mad? He did not know. If he is jealous, what rights does he has? Eon Jin is no longer his wife, she can go out with whoever she wants. Is he sad, why should he? Mad? He does not deserve to be angry after what he had done to her. In the end, he just stood there and watched the woman who still owns a special place inside his heart. Seeing her hanging around at a café brought him back to the old times where coffee dates are one of their favourite things to do together.

Flashback (2013)

Saturday is the day that both Kim Tae Pyung and Son Eon Jin look forward to because it is their date day. Between parenting, working and raising a family they knew that they would hardly have their alone time at home hence they make it a point to have one day of the week as their date day just to spend time together without their son. Therefore on Saturday they will set a play date for Kang Hoon or just send him to his mother. Lucky enough they could have the night for themselves too if Kang Hoon fell asleep before their date ends.

Son Eon Jin was sitting by the window at the café enjoying the view outside. The snow is pouring, and it looks like it's going to be a cold night. They are having a coffee session after finished a movie. It is their date night. Night lights lit the area beautifully, and Christmas decorations can be seen all over. Taking out the notebook from her handbag, Eon Jin began to sketch something. The A6 size travelling notebook is already three-quarters full with her sketches mainly on interior design. Sketching is her hobby and stress reliever, so she will sketch whenever she has time.

"What are you sketching?" Tae Pyung asked as he came back with their orders. He placed the drink properly so that his wife won't accidentally hit the cup.