9 장

Kim & Kim Associates was established by two Korean-American friends. Jayson Kim and Kim Jung Hyun. Started off just like a normal conversation but a few months after, they already slowly found their company. Since they lived at two different cities, they decided to do two branches under and each of them taking care of one unit respectively.  Jayson in Seoul and Jung Hyun in Daegu.

Usually, their projects are separated. Jayson focused on Seoul projects, and Jung Hyun will focus on Daegu projects. Even the accounts of these two branches are separated. They are 80% independent accept for some shared management. However, since this Koreana project is enormous, he volunteers to join his partner Kim Jung Hyun and his team from Daegu during the presentation. His father's connection to Kang Kyung Nam also can be an advantage. However, he tries to be fair in business, links are essential, but you need to use it wisely. 

That is why when he heard of Koreana Group is having a new project in Daegu, he asked his partner, Jung Hyun to go through the tendering process lawfully and try to win the project for their creativity. He did not involve at all in the bidding process, he just decided to join the presentation today as the representative of Kim & Kim Associates as a company. 

Jayson has no idea who handled the project, how is their design look like, or what is the concept they are proposing. He likes it that way. He wants to be surprised to be impressed because he said, creativity is better when you have the least expectations of it. It will make you in awe if it is good or just in shocked if it isn't. People said he has a weird way of thinking, but he kinda likes his life motto. He never fails to be surprised by great designs or art. 

He is running late because he was caught in traffic. There is construction near his office that the car lanes that can be used are reduced from five to three. He rushed to the lobby as he arrived at Koreana Group Building. After sprinting from the valet car park to the lobby, Jayson finally feels relieved that his Daegu team is still there. Meaning to say, he is still on time. He quickly called up his best friend's name, and the other Kim turn to him and wave at him. However, it is the woman behind Kim Jung Hyun that caught Jayson's attention. 

'What a beauty?' he thought to himself. He can't say anything but just smiles at her.

"Dude, I thought I am late," he pats Jung Hyun back in a friendly manner. The other two ladies, Kim Da Mi and Son Eon Jin, bows at him. Jung Hyun already told them about him joining them, so Eon Jin is confident he is Jayson Kim that they were talking about just now. "So, you must be the new junior ID. This is the first time I see you," he speaks to Eon Jin who is now standing less than a metre away from him.

Son Eon Jin bows politely at him, "Annyeong haseyo , Kim daepyonim, Son Eon Jin imnida."

Shy at being called so formal, Jayson just takes out his hand for a handshake. "Jayson, call me Jayson. I am still not used with this Korean formality."

Son Eon Jin smiles and handshake with him. He later shakes hand with Kwon Da Mi too. 

Growing up in the United States for 30 years, Jayson Kim is more American than he actually looks. Though he does not has blue eyes or blonde hair, but the way he brings himself is nothing like a Korean man. He is open-minded, he respects the minority groups, he does not judge, he is confident even when he has no idea what he is talking about, he is open to criticism, and he does not believe in the K-drama cliché could happen in real life. For example, the attraction at first sight. He always mocks his staffs and friends who wish for K-drama to become a reality and those who believe at love at first sight. He thinks those are absurd, not until he met that woman. Now, he is cursed by his own words. 

Though he had seen her during her interview via video conference, seeing her in the flesh is something different. She is so much prettier than in the video. Soft look face but with sharp features, fair smooth skin, silky black hair and her eye smile is such a killer. Jayson thinks he just met an angel whose beauty captivated him the moment he laid his eyes on her.