28 장

(Play the song for extra feel. The title is Late Regret)

"Good night, it must have been a long day for you. So many things to be digested in a day," Tae Pyung said as they arrived at the end of the hallway.

Their rooms are on opposite sides. The master bedroom where Eon Jin is staying is on the right, and Kang Hoon's room is on the left.

"Have a good rest too, Oppa. You had it hard today too," she gave him her sincerest smile.

He smiles back and lean in to give a forehead kiss to her. And just when he turned to the left, Eon Jin grabbed his hand. He turned around. Their eyes met but no words has been exchanged. Only the eyes are communicating with each other and at that moment, they can feel the high tension between them. Their legs are like being chained to the floor, none of them move. They just stood at where they are.

In the moment of absolute silence, Tae Pyung look at her with an affirmation stare. As if she knows what's inside his mind, Eon Jin nodded with assertion. Slowly, she walked backwards moving inside the bedroom still holding on to her ex husband. Like being possessed, Tae Pyung feet moves following what his heart desires.

"Eon Jin ah~~~~."

"Nae?"

"Are you sure about this?" as much as that's what he always wanted but he doesn't want to take advantage on her. Especially now, when she's in fragile state.

"I would've let you go if I am not sure."

With her answer, he closed the door behind him. Anticipation risen. With a pounding heart, he released his hands from hers and get close to the mother of his children. The woman he loved and still loves wholeheartedly. With gentle touches, he traced her soft features, trying to remember every details of it. Looking at those bruises marks on her beautiful face, his heart aches. Because of his foolishness, his loved ones has to pay the price of jealousy. Especially her.

He traced the corner of her lips with his right thumb where the scar is. The part where the filthy old man slapped her. Although he didn't see it, but he knew how terrifying was it for her and how painful she is for being assault. Tae Pyung leaned in and kissed the injured part cautiously.

"Mihane. I failed as a husband and I failed to protect you, until you got hurt."

He kissed at that part for the second time before gliding his lips to capture hers. He carefully enveloped her soft plump lips into his.

The moment she felt the kiss from her ex husband, Son Eon Jin tears dropped. She missed it. The softness of his kissable lips that touched her mouth and how neatly he captured it, she missed it all. His kiss, his touch and most importantly, his love.

Moving her hands up, she placed on his chest. The broad chest of his has always been a place where she leans on whenever she's tired or sad. Sometimes, she just love to put her head on it when they lie down. His chest feels comfortable for snugging.

His heart is thumping uncontrollably beneath her palms. He feels nervous and so does she. The feelings are familiar and awkward at the same time. Both of them know, that it is still too early or maybe it shouldn't happening now but their hearts are telling otherwise. The emotions are too strong that their logical mind can't comprehend and just surrender to the passions.