8 장

Daegu

It is the second week Son Eon Jin becomes the employee of Kim & Kim Associates. For the whole of last week, she and the other two new recruits were getting briefed on the company history, organisation structure, mission & vision, department heads, and introducing themselves to their CEO. As a company that adopted a family-like work culture, the CEO wanted to meet the new recruits and get to know them personally. He said he does not wish there will be a significant boundary between the Director and the staffs. Eon Jin was a little bit surprised to know that the CEO is younger than she expected. When she was told that the CEO is young, she was expecting someone in his 40s not younger than her.

Kim Jung Hyun is only in his 30s, and he already managed to have a quite established company. What shocked Eon Jin more is when Ji Hye revealed to her that Kim Jung Hyun is her husband. Ji Hye did not tell Eon Jin earlier as she did not want Eon Jin to freak out and do not want to accept the offer; hence she keeps it from her for a while. Eon Jin did know how to react when she learned that, but she put that behind because Ji Hye managed to convince her that she was accepted because of her real talent. All Ji Hye did was telling her about the opening, the rest is all her own effort.

So far, Eon Jin loves the working environment in the company. Everybody work as a team and each of the newbies were assigned to one group as they have 3 designing teams which in charge of different projects. Eon Jin was appointed under Team Ace or better known as Team A which is lead by Kwon Da Mi, a 38-year-old senior designer. She seems a lovely lady and made Eon Jin feels at ease. Since they were about the same age, Ms Kwon suggested they speak casually. However, Eon Jin, of course, still have some restrictions considering she is a hoobae.

As usual, Eon Jin will start the day by checking her emails while having coffee on her desk. Since she already had breakfast at home, she did not join her colleagues at the pantry for breakfast. While she is reading the emails that someone knocking on her cubicle partition, "Nae, Kwon Da Mi ssi?"

The slightly younger woman smile at her, "Son Eon Jin ssi, there will be a meeting with our CEO in an hour. I will forward you the meeting invitation afterwards."

Eon Jin nods to her supervisor, "Do I need to prepare anything?"

"No need. Just be present and listen to the boss," she winks at Eon Jin and make her way to her workstation.

5 minutes to 10am, Kwon Da Mi take Eon Jin with her other team members to the meeting room for their meeting with the CEO. This is Eon Jin's first meeting, and she is equally nervous and excited about it though she will only be the listener.

Sharped at 10, Kim Jung Hyun came into the room looking suave. He is wearing a black shirt which he undoes the two top uppermost buttons, tucked into grey pants with matching grey suit as the outer layer over his shirt. He is good looking and both him and Ji Hye's looks good as a couple.

"Good morning, guys, how's your weekend? Good? Or lame?" he greeted his staffs in a friendly and cheerful manner. "Anyone wants to tell us your great weekend activity before we get buried with workloads for the whole week?"

A guy volunteer and told about his visit to this new galbi restaurant near the central police station. He even showed photos of the food, which makes the whole room salivating. What a way to start a morning! It's only 10 and everyone literally already thinking about lunch.

Eon Jin finds it weird the boss is asking about the staff's weekend activities before starting the meeting only to find out that is his way to kill the Monday blues among his teams. Instead of going straight to the discussion, he is asking on something fun so that the workers won't be too stressful to start the week. What an excellent way to kick start your day. Very different than the environment in her previous company. Everyone is treated equally as friends, and the hierarchy is not visible at all. Maybe this is how a company led by young people works.