Prologue

2017

"I want a divorce." Son Eon Jin felt like her world stops moving when her husband said that D-word to her one evening. It took her a while to digest what he had just said. She admitted that their relationship has drifted and not as it used to be but she was fighting to keep her marriage. She did not want to get a divorce. They have a son together and that little boy needs both of his parents.

She looked at her husband in disbelief, "What did I do wrong? Tell me where I go wrong and I will fix my mistake but please don't do this to me," tears had been pooling in her eyes as she begged her husband.

"Everything is a mistake. We are a mistake and I do not want to be in this mistake any longer. I want to chase my dream," he said nonchalantly without even looking at her. How can he said that? How can he said something that they have built for more than 10 years a mistake? They have a son together, they have a family and all these years they are happy and in love. Are those things not real? She did not know what hurts more, is it the divorced word or the mistake word.

She hugged him from behind, not wanting to let him go, "Yeobo please, if I am doing a mistake, please tell me and I will fix it and I will do whatever you want me to. Whatever your dream is, tell me and I will give you my full support. I will make sure that you will achieve that dream of yours," she could not control her tears any longer and she cried on his back. She tightened her hug. Other than her son, he is all that she has. Both of them are her world. She did not have many friends and her family is in Daegu. These two persons are her people and she felt betrayed when someone she trusted so much wanted to leave her side.

He removed her hands from encircling his waist and turned to face her, "I am sorry. I am very sorry and I mean it but I cannot achieve my dream by having you by my side. Chincha mihane." it is not easy for him too but he had no choice and this is the best he could do. He did not want to hurt her any longer. He already hurt her so much that it cannot be forgiven.

"What about Kang Hoon? We have a son together and how do I want to live if we got a divorce? I have no job and where should I go?"

"You can continue to stay in this house and not to worry about anything. About Kang Hoon, I am still his father and nothing will change. I will continue to support both of you financially. Just stay here as usual, I am the one that will be moving out," he never sounded so determined and Eon Jin knew she already at a dead end. Being with him for 12 years, she knows him more than he knows himself. He already planned to walk away from them and he just acknowledging her that night and not asking for her permission.

She braved herself and asks the one last question to him. Hoping that he could change his mind. She herself is afraid of what she will be hearing. "Do you not love me anymore? Do I mean nothing to you?" He tried to avoid answering her question. His answer will hurt her. "Is there another woman?" Stunt. He shook his head without facing her. Then he felt that she was grabbing his hand and when he turned, she was on her knees. Begging. "If I can't fulfil your needs, you can find another woman. I promise I won't be mad but jaebal, don't leave me. Do not walk away from Kang Hoon and me."

He did not answer, he just released his hands from her grip and walked away from her. Leaving her crying alone in the house as he left through the door. He could still her begging as he walked down the corridor in the wee hours but he chose not to turn back.

"Kajima (don't go), Yeobo Kajima," her pleas and cries fill up the entire living room. Her husband just left her.

She woke up from her sleep crying. It has been over a month since that incident happened but she still having dreams about it and made her cry. His words are like a dagger that pierced through her heart. She still could believe that he could just left her like that without giving her a chance to mend their relationship. She felt so betrayed that it took her some time to accept the fact that her husband, Kim Tae Pyung did not love her anymore. It hurts too much that most of the time she just wanted to give up but she knows she can't because she has someone to take care of, her son.