27 장

(Play this song for extra feel. Try to imagine the lady is Son Eon Jin)

"Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is the willingness to sacrifice." (Michael Novak)

The morning breeze and the light sunlight that seeps through the window wakes Eon Jin from her sleep. She checked on the time and its 8 am! She slept the whole night and it's very rare to happen. Usually, she hard to fall asleep at a new place. The familiarity of her old bedroom makes her sleeps like a baby. Or maybe, it's the medicine effect. Doing her usual routine, washing up and change into a comfortable dress. Eon Jin loves to put on a dress at home. To her, one piece makes her easier to move to do house chores. She put on a sleeveless ruffle hem dress in black. It's a bit loose now as she bought the dress when she was pregnant with Haneul. Tying her hair up in a ponytail, she make her way out.

She heard sounds coming from the kitchen and she knows it is her ex-husband just from the sneeze she heard few seconds ago. She was right, as she walked towards the kitchen, she saw the 186cm towering man standing next to the stove. Fully dressed in his white shirt with black pants. The top most of the shirt is unbuttoned. His hair is neatly combed and gelled up.

"Good morning."

"Oh you're up. Have a seat, it's getting ready soon," he said with a smile. The morning smile that never not melts her before or maybe still melting her now.

The banchans were ready on the table but the drinks were still missing. Not use of doing nothing, Eon Jin took two cups from the cupboard and pour the brewed hot coffee in both. Then she got the utensils and plate it properly on the table. Just in time, Tae Pyung served the egg soup in the bowls and scooped two bowls of rice for them.

"I thought you said yesterday, there's nothing much inside the fridge but these are a lot of banchans," Eon Jin asked her ex.

"I bought those from the convenient store while I went for jogging this morning," he answered with a shy smile. Something he did when he was caught doing something silly. Just like their son always did.

Once again she is touched by his efforts. She's okay not having banchan for a meal but Tae Pyung knows how much she loves banchans especially the stir fried anchovies. "Thank you very much. You don't have to trouble yourself, I can just take a glass of milk for breakfast."

"The doctor asked you to eat healthy. So, I need to ensure you to eat healthy."

"Are you working today?" she asked.

He nodded. "I have a meeting with my staff this morning but it will end before lunch. I'll come back and take you to meet Dr Mun at 2pm. Ahjumma will come later. She is running late as she is buying the groceries first. Are you okay to be on your own for a while?"

She nods and told him he shouldn't be worried as she's not a small child. Tae Pyung put his trust in her words and told himself to stop being too worried.

The two were engrossed in their simple conversation over breakfast that they didn't realised time passed by.

"Gosh, it's 8.50. My meeting is at 9.30!" Tae Pyung got startled when he saw the wall clock in the living room. He quickly got his bowls and bring it to the sink.

"Just put everything in the sink, I'll wash it later. You are late," Eon Jin told him and he did as told.

He grabbed his coat from the couch and hang it on one of his shoulder as his left hand is used to hold on his bag. Then, he took the neck tie and just hang it around his neck and rush to the door.

"Let me," she stood in front of him and immediately reached for his neck tie. Like always, she done it for him when he is rushing to work. "It's always good to put it on before you leave the house as you'll never find the time once you step out of the door."