22 장

Daegu

The dinner between two families went well. Jayson's mother, Kim Eun Young is such a nice lady. She's very humble and no one would have thought she is married to a big tycoon from her behaviour. Jayson takes after his mother's humbleness.

To be honest, her family and herself were shocked when Jayson brought his mother together with him. Eon Jin was a bit uncomfortable at first as he didn't tell her in advance but after he explained his reason, Eon Jin calmed down.

His mother definitely missing mingle with Koreans. She looks excited enjoying Korean food and talking with her mom. She even trying to pick up some satoori. Thank God their mothers didn't asked the typical weird questions about relationships. If not, both Jayson and Eon Jin would be uncomfortable.

Her son, Kang Hoon looks happy with the guests' visit too.  He can't stop updating Jayson on his english progress and how the teacher always point him as exemplary student for english language class. He looks excited to show him his test papers too. To Eon Jin surprise Kang Hoon is comfortable with Jayson's mom too despite this its the first time they meet.  Maybe  because Mrs Kim is good with kids. She came prepared with lots of gifts for her boy. And Kang Hoon being his age can't say no to baseball freebies. Personally, she doesn't want her son to accept the gifts, but that will be unfair to the boy. They really bought those gifts for him.

"Thank you for coming over, Jayson ssi, Eun Young ssi. I never thought foreigners would come to my humble home," Kim Mi Kyung can't let go of Jayson's mother's hands as she send them to the door. "Come again next time, maybe we can made kimchi together."

Eon Jin look at her mother with wide eyes couldn't believe what she just heard. Fine, they seems to get along well fast but she did not expect this fast.

"Chincharu? Omona, I am excited. Can't remember the last time I made kimchi. Eonnie, just give me a call if you need help. I will free myself for you," Kim Eun Young looks excited when the slightly older lady than her offered to make kimchi. Since she left for the states, she had not make kimchi for a while. Usually she just make kimchi for her family consumption in a small amount.

Jayson side eyeing his mother from the back but later smiling silly seeing how his Eomma is so excited making plans that she probably does not have time to fulfil. However, he is happy to see his mother enjoyed herself.

Eon Jin sent her guests to the car. "Komawo, Jayson ssi. Eomonim," she bowed 90 degrees to them. She still feels awkward to refer Jayson's mom as eomonim but she insisted Eon Jin calling her that.

"Thank you for inviting dear. Your mother is a good cook. I will definitely missed her cooking after this," she pulls Eon Jin into a hug and patted her back. "Take a good care of your son. You have such a sweet boy," she continued before entering the car.

Eon Jin smiled at her genuine thought. Maybe because she raised Jayson on her own before remarried, she understands Eon Jin's struggle. "I will," Eon Jin said before closing the car door for Kim Eun Young. She turn to face Jayson who has been standing behind her all the while. "Thank you, Jayson ssi for fulfilling my mother's request. I know you are busy with the exhibition, I am sorry to have to take your time."

"Don't mention it. I am happy that I can meet your family," he realised immediately that his words may gives different implications, so he quickly apologised. "Mihane, I mean I am the one who should thank your parents for inviting me. And sorry too fo not telling you earlier my mom wanted to tag along." Jayson knows that Eon Jin found it slightly uncomfortable when he showed up with his mother. Everyone would have thought that he came with ulterior motive by bringing his parent together to meet hers but honestly that is not his intention.