2 장

Daegu

Every time if there is an opening of a new store, she will feel alive especially looking at the interior design and concept of the store. Though she is not part of the design team, get to oversee the progress of the interior from paper to structure just enlightened the designer soul in her. Even though she has left the industry 12 years ago, but she still loves interior designing a lot. Her house is the best example to show that she has good eyes in interior decorations. Though the furniture used is not expensive but she knows how to arrange it nicely and make her house feel spacious. She still drafts her drawings in her free time but of course, the drawings are just kept in her personal folder. Eon Jin realized it is too late to go back to the field. The field that both she and her ex-husband loves so much but due to some circumstances both of them have to let go of their dreams. Seems like he is pursuing it now but not for her. Nevertheless, she never regretted leaving her dream job for her family at that time as a family means everything to her. More important than her dreams.

The opening ceremony went well and Son Eon Jin feels proud that she is part of the team. Though the cafe does not own by her or her team but establishing the franchise and help the franchisee from initial paperwork gave her some sort of satisfaction when the cafe is finally open to the customers. Through her assisting job also, she picks up a lot of management skills, and one day she dream to open her own coffee shop.

"Son Eon Jin-ssi," her boss called out her name when she is helping at the counter.

"Nae, Tim jangnim."

"It's already 2 pm, you can go now. Let the others help out."

"But Tim Jangnim, there are still many customers. It will be very busy." Eon Jin is worried that the cafe will be short of staffs if she goes back. She's always worried about others which are good but sometimes it will be bad too as she will end up sacrificed her time to help out. 

As a manager, Seo Ji Hye cannot let her do something that is not in her job scope. She has done a lot on the preparation of management work. Some executive even asked her to do their jobs just so they can go off early or doe not need to come on weekends. Seo Ji Hye knew that but she is still investigating her staff. That is why she does not want Son Eon Jin will be taken for granted. 

"The part-timers will come later, don't worry. I will cover your place. Go." she pulls her from the coffee machine and push her to the staff room to change. "You had to go back late for the past week. Now, go home. I already approve your leave and giving you one more day extra as unrecorded leave. So you don't need to come tomorrow and on Friday.  Spend time with your son. He must be missing his Eomma lately." she smiles at Eon Jin and wink. 

One of the reasons she is happy working at the coffee chain HQ even though the work is not suitable for her qualification is because she has a nice manager. Seo Ji Hye understands her situation as a single mother. Whenever when she needs to go for an emergency if it is regarding Kang Hoon, she will not ask any further and let her. She knows that it is hard to get a kind manager like Ms Seo hence Son Eon Jin never thought to get a new job. 

Son Eon Jin heads straight to Kang Hoon's school from the Café. The bus ride from the newly open Café to Sang Dong-gu elementary school takes about 40 minutes. Since it is Wednesday, her son will be still at school as he has baseball practice after school. That little boy of hers always asks her to come and see him practice like how she used to do it when they were back in Seoul. But of course, her tight schedule won't make her be able to do so. By getting this early time off, she hopes that it can bring a smile on Kang Hoon's face.

She heads to the baseball court right away. This is the same school where she used to attend some 30 years ago, so she knew the layout well. As expected, Kang Hoon is practising hard with his friends. Ji Cheol is their second coach and also team manager. The head coach is ex-player of Samsung Lions, Kim Soo Han. Kang Hoon loves baseball that he can spend hours at the court.  Eon Jin is thankful that there is someone like Ji Cheol that not only can be an adult male figure to her son but also can be someone Kang Hoon can share his passion with. Something that he used to do with his father before.