Chapter 29

"Clear!" one of Rick's soldiers called out after surveying the destroyed room. Desks laid broken, papers strewn all over the floor like fresh snow, creatures they had never seen the likes of were in pieces and their corpses resembling broken crystals.

Flag looked at his squad members before barking out his next command, clutching his gun as if he expected more of the creatures to jump him. "Everyone move out."

The squad, aching and sweating, moved slowly through the broken glass doors, hoping to catch their breaths before the next fight. Lin, however... Lin was a ball of chaotic energy as she buzzed around the crew, dancing, jumping, singing. If they didn't think her odd before they certainly did now.

As soon as all of them were on the walkway, Flag's soldiers began shooting at blobs around them. The squad dove for cover as yellow and orange sparks rained down on them. Creatures fell from other walkways but where one fell two took its place. Deadshot joined in on the fight, using the guns on his arms to place some well-aimed shots at blobs that got too close before he turned around and slammed Chato into the wall.

Lin gasped and slapped a hand on Deadshot's shoulder, "Deaddie," she whined, "you can't do that! That's mean!"

"Where've you been, homie?" Deadshot taunted the tattooed man after pulling off his mask, face set into a glare.

"This ain't my fight!" Chato argued loudly and aggressively, face matching Deadshot's glare. He moved his face closer to Deadshot's.

Deadshot moved his closer, pointing a finger in Chato's face as he taunted the man. "You know what?" he asked, "you don't stand for shit. You ain't about shit!"Captain Boomerang crawled by the man's feet, making Deadshot jump and curse.

"Don't touch me, man." Chato warned.

"Don't touch you?" Deadshot continued his taunting, bringing his fingers up to tap the other man's head repeatedly. "What you gonna do, huh?"

Chato growled, trying to push Deadshot's fingers off his head, trying to stay calm through the other man's taunts. "Don't touch me!" he repeated loudly in warning, his last warning.

Deadshot kept on tapping him, taunting and pushing him. "I'm touching you, I'm touching you," the dark-skinned man said, following Chato's every move even as the fight went on behind them.

At this point Lin was fed up with them both. "Boys, boys," she called to then while shooting the head off one of the blobs that was rushing at Flag's guard. "We don't have time for this."

They both glanced at her but quickly went back to their fighting as if she hadn't even spoken. Glass sprayed all over them like rain but they ignored it in favor of taunting the other into giving up. Deadshot went back to tapping Chato's head even as the other man kept pushing away his hands.

"Do something!" Deadshot smirked and slapped the man on the head roughly. He was enjoying this.

Chato was close to boiling at this point, the final line crossed and boundaries long since broken. The man wanted a fight so he might as well get one. "Don't touch me!" Chato screamed, pushing Deadshot away from him. "Don't fucking touch me, man. This ain't my fucking fight!"

"It sure as hell is. Do something!" Deadshot shot back at Chato before ducking as a stray bullet soared over his head. Lin gave them both a sheepish glance before going back to fighting.

Chato got all up in Deadshot's face, neck strained as he looked up at the other man. "You wanna see something?"

"Yeah, I wanna see!" Floyd responded aggressively, moving closer to Chato.