Chapter 25

The group of bad guys were walking through what was once their playground but now looked more like the scene of an ongoing war. Buildings were destroyed with helicopters stuck in them, blown up cars laid on the ground and no matter where they look they can't find one building or piece of ground that is untouched by whatever was happening.

"Well this looks fun" Lin commented with a small spin besides a blown up car. "Harley dance with me"

The others in the group sent her strange looks, had the woman already forgotten about the big fight they had on the helicopter just before they crashed? Maybe she took a harder hit to the head than they first thought. Harley on the other hand hadn't forgotten and was still stuck in her thoughts from earlier.

"Maybe later, Linne" Harley responded with a sad smile, she suspected that it wouldn't be many more dances with her lover. Not because they were going to die but because she had made a decision, a horrible decision that was breaking her heart apart. She was bleeding and hurting inside, she didn't want to do it but she had to, for herself. Harley was finally going to do something for herself, and if Lin wasn't willing to leave Joker for her then she was going to have to break it all of. Distancing herself from the other woman was simply her way to try and protect herself if Lin told her no, which Harley had no doubt Lin would. She also had no doubts that Lin would get extremely angry and potentially try to kill her because of the betrayal. Lin may seem more sane than the Joker but Harley knew the truth, if anything Joker was the epitome of sanity next to his partner. Harley was scared of Lin but she loved her, such an interesting combination.

"Hmm, you snooze you lose" The dark haired woman teased as she grabbed one of Rick's men and pulled him into a silly dance. Lin was ecstatic about being able to be outside again, she loved the feeling of being free. She was a person that needed to be free or she'd crash and burn.

Lin watched as Harley walked up to deadshot and leaned her arm on his shoulder with a big smile on her face. Something that Lin hadn't seen in a while Harley hadn't smiled like that for a long time, even before they got thrown into the jail she had been unhappy. Deadshot makes her happy, Lin realised and then shrugged. She didn't care much who Harley was with as long as she was happy, and together with her still, of course. She liked seeing Harley happy.

"Hold that thought" Deadshot told Harley and put on his cyborg glasses, as Lin decided to call them from that moment and forward. The man walked forward, seemingly staring at something. Lin squinted slightly after bringing a hand up to block the small amount of lightning in the area but all she could see was slightly blurred objects moving slightly.

"Hey Deadshot!" She called out to the man with urgency in her voice. "What are you looking at?"

"I don't know yet!" He called back, annoyed at the interruption. "Now, shut up! I need to focus"

"You don't have to be mean about it!" She barked at the rude man, he was really putting a damper to her good mood. She was finally free!

Lin decided to walk a little closer to where RIck and his men were seated, she had always been a frontline gal and RIck was at said frontline. He was stealing all of her spotlight, she wanted some of that nice recognition for her heroic acts.

"Rick, why do they look like that?" His voice was shaking as he looked to his leader for support. He had never seen things like that, they didn't tell him he'd be fighting those things when they gave him the mission.

"Just stay cool" Flagg told the soldier with a gruff voice. He was watching the creatures with disgust in his eyes, he knew what they were, ish. He hadn't gotten the whole story from Waller but he got enough that he had an inkling about what they were facing. He also, unlike the squad, knew who they were going to rescue.

"Hiya Flag, top of the morning to you laddies" She greeted the men with a cheery smile and a terrible irish accent. She had always had a thing for it, sometimes she forced Jay to fake one.

"Get back!" Flag whisper-yelled at her. "Your place is not in the lead"

"But I want to be in the lead" She told the man with a puppy eyes and a pout. She was almost proud of her effort until Flag started her right in the eyes with a burning glare. She would need to work on that, she noted.

She plucked some stones off the ground and then threw them back again. Those would be her next strategie to convince Flag. "Look! The stones said that I need to be in the front, stones don't lie."

"Stones also don't talk" Came Deadshot's voice behind her, she could hear the slight grin in his voice and even though she didn't really like the man the sound of his happiness still made her happy. If others were happy she was happy, she almost fed on the emotions around her.

"Sure they do, just look at that" She pointed to the small pile of stones by her feet that she had organized into a nice YES.

"You're crazy, you know that?" Both Flag and the man nod their agreements to Deadshot's words. She glared at them in response, she hated being called crazy. There were far too many strings attached to that word, plus it was a word used to categorize people that didn't follow the norms of society, the 'bad guys'.

"No I'm not" She whispered and out of spite threw one of the rocks right at the lens of Deadshot's glass thingy on his eye. "No I'm not" Lin repeated, she wasn't crazy. They were for thinking she was crazy. Normies, she sighed in her head.

"The hell are they?"

"The gun loving person asked the captain of the squad with a masculine head tilt to the side and a cocky repositioning of his body" Lin narrated in her best male voice. "This is fun!" She exclaimed in her own voice. Tension goes bye bye, she sang in her head.

"Shut up!" All three of the men barked at her, annoyed with her presence and continuous interruption of everything.

"You cut and run and I'll blow your head off" Flag answered Deadshot's previous question with an indifferent voice. He didn't care how many bad guys he had left after this mission was done as long as the mission got done.

They were all observing the creatures with tense bodies until Katana drew her Katana which in turn made the creature Deadshot had been watching suddenly lunge their way. Lin fell backwards in shock with a loud gasp and then a groan.

Deadshot fired at the creature and all of a sudden all of the other creatures began running at them too with loud growls and unintelligible mutters and groans. They looked terrifying with their strange head that kept bulging and shrinking, and the human looking bodies. Rick gave the order to shoot too his companions with an almost strangled shout.

Lin pulled herself to her feet and reached down for her customized gun. She pointed it at one of the creatures that were aiming straight for her, it was grunting and roaring at her but she stood still. She aimed the gun at the creature, took a deep breath and then fired. 

AN: Tihi