Chapter 11

A 7 year old Lin was running around her backyard in Los Angeles when a series of gunshots echo in the air. She paused in her playing and her eyes immediately search for her parents and whimper quitely when she couldn't find them. They always watch her when she's playing outside because they live in a rough neighbourhood with a lot of gang violence. Her father was a police officer and her mother a nurse. Lin knew, even though she was only 7 years old that her father had made a lot of enemies in his time in the force.

The small girl abandon her toys and run inside the small house she called home and begun yelling out for her mommy and daddy but no voices answered her cries. Small sobs mix in with her cries as the silence in the small rugged house seem to taunt her. As she get closer to the gaping front door she can hear loud arguing voices and painful whimpers.

Lin peak around the door and with a frightened gasp she pull her head back inside and shut the door. She looked out the small window next to the now shut door with teary eyes. There were 4 shirtless, muscular, heavily tattooed men crouching over the motionless bodies of her parents. The men appeared to be arguing over something and Lin couldn't understand why they would want to kill her parents.

She being a small child and not very clever decided that it would be a good idea if she opened the door again and ran outside. Now crouching over her dead parents' bodies she began crying for real, big heavy sobs and big fat tears that formed rivers on her pale cheeks. The men had run away as soon as they saw the small devastated child rush to the two people laying on their lawn.

"Wake up Mommy" She shake her mom's body but the mother remained motionless with empty eyes. "Wake up!"

Two strong arms encircle her and bring her into a hard muscled chest. "They're dead, kid" A rough voice tell her while shaking her. She nod and dry her tears. "I know"

The strong arms let her down on the ground again and she stare on the ground feeling empty and lost. She was an orphan now with nowhere to go, she had no other family that would take her in.

AN: Okay, I am officially going to write an Avatar FF and I hope you liked this little flashback. The next few chapters will be flashbacks (Without J) because I want to write more about her as a character and not her as a Joker sidekick.