Chapter 28

"What happened to you and the blonde clown?" Chato asked her when the two had fallen into step with each other. "Had a fight over who gets to wear what lipstick?"

Lin shook her head with a tight grin on her face. "She wants to leave Jay, and me, if I don't leave him." Her emotions were pressing, suffocating her and strangling her insides. Lin could feel one of her attacks, or episodes, starting to build up but she forced herself to somehow push all of those damaging emotions down and instead focus on the memories she had of Joker. She had been so blind for so long about how Harley's attitude had changed towards them and now she was paying the price. "I should have seen it coming, my cards warned me about this but I didn't listen."

"Your cards" The man wielding fire repeated with a sceptical frown on his face. "I don't understand why you thought it would be a good idea to be in a relationship with two people at once. Especially since Joker hates Harley but she's obsessed with him" He swiped his hand out in the air and gave her a pointed look.

Lin sighed and looked down at the ground. "I was recovering back then, Harley was our toy" She smiled as she reminisced about the past. "I don't know when, or if, I fell in love with her, all I knew was that I was too attached to let her go." The dark-haired woman kicked a rock on the ground in anger. "It was always Jay and I, never Harley, Jay and I. I know that now, and it's not fair of me to keep her trapped where she doesn't belong. That's why I'm letting her go"

"What are you two chatting about?" Harley's peppy voice asked and an arm was slung around Lin's waist, which made her tense up and force a smile on her lips. It was a bittersweet feeling; she liked having her girlfriend's arms around her but at the same time she knew she had to let her go.

"Cookies" Lin responded quickly and shot Chato a look. "We were talking about cookies, and now we're done. Let's go catch up with Floyd", she continued and walked briskly past the two other people staring after her with confusion in their eyes.

Lin stared right ahead as she strode away from the two others, her head spinning and heart thrumming in her chest. She touched the tattoo that was inked there, a heart with a joker and a rose inside of it. Lin had gotten it a few months into their relationship, right after he got a similar one. She smiled softly as she thought about her lover, and longing struck her heart-- longing for his embrace, his growls, laughs, his everything. Up ahead she could hear Floyd and Flag arguing about seemingly nothing and yet everything at the same time.

"Take a knee" She heard the soldier say when a big building came into view that Flag deemed important. When he saw the look Deadshot gave him he pointed at the top and said: "The body is at the top of that building. Get up there..."

Lin zoned out of the rest of the information the man gave. She was stuck in her head, replaying old memories like it was a movie. The woman walked ahead of the rest, needing the silence to clear her head, and to be away from Harley who was one of her biggest problems at the moment. Lin wasn't sure where they stood yet and she doubted that Harley knew that Lin knew what she planned to do. Now she wasn't even sure if Joker would be willing to take Harley with them when he came to rescue her, she wasn't sure if she wanted him to take Harley with them. Did she want to stay around a woman who clearly didn't want to be with her? Her love for Harley wasn't nearly enough to overshadow or even cast a shadow on her love for the green-headed maniac.

"Lin stay in line!" She heard Flag

"You wish" Lin screamed back at him, not even caring about him being able to blow her head up with a single tap of his finger on a screen. The tower had something burning or glowing at the top that she suspected was where the helicopter was going to land, if there was going to be one.

She heard Harley giggle at her words but the sound no longer brought the same feelings they used to, they hadn't for awhile now. Maybe she too had been losing feelings for Harley and was being a hypocrite when she condemned Harley for distancing herself and wanting to leave.