Chapter 18

"Look, Harls!" Lin squeals as she jumps around ecstatic after opening her box of stuff. "They have everything"

Harley who had been deep in her thoughts jumped startled when the squeal reached her own ears. "Of course they do, we're the best baddies" Harley scoffed and then giggled. "And the prettiest"

"Awwwweee Harls, you're making me blush" And lo and behold even after all this time Harls still made Lin blush when she sweetly complimented her. "You're the prettiest baddy"

"What about your lovely Jay" Harley uncharastically scoff at his name, she had felt her love for him slowly ebb away during her time away from him but her love for Lin had not. Even the brightest star had nothing on the way her love shined for the other woman, and even after all the stars had died her love for Lin would remain, pure and shining. She wondered when she noticed that her heart didn't flutter the same way when she heard him growl or how her stomach would clench when he would walk around shirtless. Maybe it was even before she went to Belle Reve, when she realised that everything that he did, he did for Lin. Maybe it had never been him, maybe it had always been Lin, the way the dark-haired woman could light up a room with her smile or how one could never be anything but happy in her company. Maybe it had been Lin that had been the reason that she betrayed everything that she used to stand for, betraying her morals and loosing the bright future in psychiatry. Maybe her love for Joker was a way to cope with his abuse, to believe that he did it because she loved her, that he had to hurt her because he wasn't feeling well. That excuse didn't last long when she could clearly see the adoration and love in his eyes when he looked at Lin or the empty look when she wasn't there. Maybe she had never really loved him and her new persona had developed this insane obsession and denial as a way to cope but now that she didnät need to cope anymore she could finally let go off the fake love she held for the clown. Maybe now she could finally live the life she had wished for when she left her old life. Maybe she could convince Lin to leave Joker with him but that was unlikely since Lin's love for Jay was as pure as Harley's was for her, maybe even more so. No, Lin would never leave the ultimate love of her life but neither would she leave Harley. Lin had saved Harley on several occasions, both from Joker and his violent ways and from other dangers and all those times she was saved only cemented the belief Harley had that Lin loved her. "Isn't he the prettiest baddy out there"

"No, Jay isn't pretty, silly. He's handsome and mysterious and lovely and beautiful-" Lin trail off with a faraway look in her eyes and her face spoke clearly, she was missing him and even if that brought a pang of hurt to Harley's chest she could accept that Joker and Lin were the ultimate lovers, always together and never apart.

Lin snapped out of it and chuckled because if she didn't laugh then she would cry. "Awwe, Harls, you know I love you" She coos and brings the blonde into a hug. "And this body" Lin brings a sneaky hand down to Harley's butt and pinch it, making the blonde jump and then giggle.

"Now let's change into out bad guy outfits before these men burn holes through our heads with their staring" Just to make a point she stand straighter and then yell out. "50 points off of whatever house you're in except for Slytherin because we get judged and hated enough" The men that were staring jumped away from the screaming girl and scattered away like mice running from a cat.

The members of the so called suicide squad laughed before turning back to their chest full of things.

"Aw man" Lin groan out pleased by what was in her chest. She lean down and bring out one pair of the black fish stockings, a pair of black shorts and a long dark blue hoodie with jokers on it. "So comfy, I'm going to die coated in warm, fluffy clothes"

"You're not going to die" Harley butted in while fixing her makeup. "I won't let you"

"I won't let you die either Harley. Now why did you put on your makeup before your clothes?"

AN: Just a short chapter to show how some of Harley's thoughts about her relationship with Lin and Joker.

Also,  I can not believe how many freaking views this story has, it's unbelieveble. I'm so self concious about my writing and I never feel like it's any good so all of this support that I've gotten in forms of votes and comments mean so freaking much and I love all of you!!!