Chapter 24

"Have you ever killed someone, my darling?" A blond man asked her with a smirk, his shining white teeth glinting in the flashing lights.

"No-or yes- or I don't know. Maybe" Harley answered shyly, her eyes flickering all over the crowded club trying to spot one of her two lovers. The man that sat besides her in the small booth was making her immensely uncomfortable and she wished him to leave.

"Yes or No, my sweet"

"Yes, I have" She gulped, feeling dread in her stomach. She wasn't supposed to talk about that, she wasn't supposed to talk to anyone actually. She had strict orders from Joker to stay in the booth while he and Lin spun on the dance floor. She had lost track of them a long time ago, a part of her suspected they were now in one of the private rooms, having adult fun without her.

"Hmm, I would be lying if I said that that didn't turn me on" He stroked a hand down her arm, fingers decorated with rings and chest bare. He was a real creep. Harley shivered and then gulped, her hands were shaking as she lifted her glass to her mouth. She really wasn't supposed to do this.

"You shouldn't say things like that, Jay is just around the corner" She warned after soothing her aching throat with the cold water. Her eyes were shining with barely hidden anger, she would fight back if he tried anything.

"I don't care what that stupid clown will do, I'm sure he won't mind sharing you" The blond said with a leering smile and a wink. She looked down on his lap where he had forced her hand too. He had a noticeable bulge and he didn't hide any of the excitement her actions brought him.

"He doesn't share and he'll be very displeased that you disrespect him like that" Harley dismisses, ripping her hand back. She only just restrained herself from slapping him and storming away. Mistah J wouldn't be pleased with me if I did that, she thought to herself.

"Boss won't care, you're just his toy. Or rather the toy to his queen. So unless the lady boss finds out he won't care" She didn't want to admit that he was right, Joker wouldn't really care unless Lin found out and became upset. Harley didn't want to think about what her punishment would be if she somehow offended the man besides her.

"I'll tell her"

"Sure you will" He laughed, the cold tones in it chilling her to the bones. She didn't like that laugh, it spoke of pain and she didn't want his pain.

"I swear that if you touch me again I will tell her" Harley tries to warn him again, she knew that she would be punished even if the fault was his. She only hoped Lin would be there to save her.

"And what makes you think that she'll care?" He cackled, raising a hand and slapping her hard.

"She loves me" She whimpers, holding a hand to her tender cheek.

"No she doesn't, that's just an illusion you've built up to feel better about your situation" He denies, slapping her again to prove his point. He gestures around the room, showing her that no one even looked their way at the sound of her being hurt.

"No, she's said it herself, she loves me. He does too, he just has a difficult time showing it"

"Aren't you supposed to be this super smart psychiatrist? I mean if you were as good as they said you would realise what they're doing to you, or rather what you're doing to yourself"

"You don't know them like I do. They have big hearts, in private" Harley was desperatly trying to keep herself from crying, she never liked being interrogated like this.