Chapter 21

AN: I hate repeating myself but I have been so mentally tired lately that I haven't had the energy to write and I'm sorry for that but it's something I can't control. I hope that I'll be able to go back to having a set schedule on my updates. Another thing is that I've been using a lot of flashbacks as filler chapters and I'm not going to anymore of those because they disrupt the flow of the story and frankly it's boring to just read flashbacks in a story about the present. I'm going to go back and add some present time to those chapters, some events that mostly play out during their imprisonment. So to make up for it I'm going to give you guys an extra long chapter! Anyways, enjoy another chapter full of bad guys and my baby Linnie!

Lin huffed when she felt the hood of her hoodie once again fall of her head, the wind was getting out of the control with all the helicopters and stuff that kept blowing up the place. If she was a middle aged, normal woman with blonde hair called Karen she would sue the people in charge for every penny they've ever had. Unfortunately for her and fortunately for them she wasn't any of those things and had to ride out the storm, so to speak. She had finished putting on her gear faster than the others and was now stuck sulking with wind-filled clothes while the others with almost childlike glee dressed themselves in their used to be signature gear. Most of her beloved weapons wasn't there, they were at home with her lonely lover. Just thinking about the man brought a fresh batch of salty tears to her already red rimmed eyes, he had never liked being alone and always made sure that she wasn't either. He was probably holed up in their shared bed, cuddled (not that he would admit it) to her pillows and glaring at the pictures she had placed on her bedside table. There were probably at least three dead guys laying sprawled out on the floor next to their door with a red bullet hole in their forehead, probably new guys given that the old timers know better than to disturb their boss when he was in a mood.

She did, however, have some basic knives and guns that she had somehow smuggled onto herself during date night. One of the handles had a permanent stain of blood from another of their date night that had ended far better, with her in the bed, twisting and moaning in pleasure. She had been very pleasantly sore the morning after, he more so than her. Her favorite gun, the one she had gotten as a gift from her father, Tig. Lin hasn't seen her father in so many years, not since she left for Gotham and never came back. People always say that they remember little things of their lost parents like their scent, how their hugs felt and the tone of their voice. She remember none of it, she was left with nothing but empty, hollowed and cold memories of a life that was so far away it felt like a dream. Like the kind of good dream you had once and no matter what you never have it again and can only fondly recall the most prominent events in it. She missed them all, her family, but not in an unbearably way. She knew that she would see them again, maybe then this was all over she would make the trip there, see how they were doing.

A hand plant itself on her covered shoulder and she's startled out of her thoughts with a small jump and an exclamation of shock. "Oh my holy stars that are in heaven!"

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you"

"And neither did the snake attacking the mighty god." She turned around to face him, she didn't appreciate being startled but she couldn't afford making enemies now. "Hello, Chato"

He, Chato, looked a little shocked. "How do you know that name?" He didn't know that anyone knew his name anymore, besides the people with his file, and wasn't sure if he wanted anyone to either. He had to admit though that it felt good to hear his real name, not the street one, roll of someones tounge again without fear. It reminded him of better times with his family.

"Hmm, I know things" Lin smile at the man with a curved lip and slightly lifted eyebrow. " What? Surprised?"

She chuckled when the taller man scrambled to collect himself after her accusation. "No, I just, word on the stree-"