Chapter 14

Lin was humming to herself and Harley, loud enough for it to be heard over the loud helicopter sounds. "I wanna be sedated, just put me in a wheelchair, get me on a plane"

"Shut up already!" One of the guards growl out, fed up with the constant singing.

"But-" Lin protested.

"No buts"

"Yes buts" The girl giggled back with a tipped back head. "My J always let me sing"

"He's insane" The guard pointed out.

"So, aren't we all, my lovely grey butterfly."

Harley was sitting very quietly in her chair, there was no smile on her lips and no happiness nor insanity tinkling in her eyes. Was it possible that they had finally done it, had they finally cured the infamous Harley Quinn? Come to think of it, the woman had only displayed her insanity traits while in the company of Lin, without her the female clown was quite normal and docile.

"My sweet" Lin called and effectively broke Harley out of her trance.

"Yeah Linnie" She answered.

"Did you know that I met the woman who came up with that song?"

"But Linnie, it wasn't a woman" Harley protested with a giggle.

"I met her a few years back, Ana is her name" Lin continue. "She told me that they stole the lyrics from her when she was in the hospital"

"Why haven't I met her? We'd have a lovely time"

"Harls, you were Harleen back then" Lin told Harley with a smile.

"Rightie"

No, they hadn't cured Harley, the guard concluded after watching the pair. She just wasn't the same without her lovers or maybe rather Lin and her lover.

Lin looked at the guard in front of her, searching for any weaknesses. Everyone had weaknesses, even her J. Mr J is very ticklish, particularly under his chin. She sighed lowly, she never knew you could miss someone as much as she did before she met J. It was as if her heart stopped beating the moment she was away from him and would only start beating when she got him back again.

"Where are we going?" Lin asked the man with an annoyed look on her face.

"Classified" He grunted

"Haarls, he won't tell me where we're going" She whined to her lover, pouting.

"He's a big meanie, can't wait to tell Puddin'" He hated that name.

"Have fun waiting then, you're never going to see him again" The man glared at the pair.

A few minutes of tense silence passed.

"Are we there yet?" Harley asked.

"No"

Another minute passed. "What about now?" Lin asked this time.

"Still no"

Yet another minute passed. "Now?" The female clown asked.

"No!"

A few seconds passed this time. "Now? Pretty please" Lin pleaded.

"Yes"

"Wait really?"

"No" He deadpanned before averting his eyes.