Chapter 17

"Why are we out here, Puddin'? It's cold" Harley whined and curled her arms around her middle. "Where's Linnie?"

"She's home" Joker barked out. "Now come one" He ordered and walked off.

"What are we doing here?" Harley asked, ignoring the sharp intake of air from the man besides her. They were approaching a large warehouse with lights so bright you could see them from miles away.

"If you don't shut up soon I will hurt you" Joker snarl at the woman, already regretting that he left Lin at home but the feeling soon passed, he had to keep her safe. "I don't want to hurt you, if I hurt you then Lin will be upset and I hate it when Lin is upset" He giggle a slow twisted giggle

"So don't make me hurt you" He continue.

The two walk into the building and when entering the heavy steel doors Joker walked in without holding them open for her. She pouted and poked him in the side. "Why didn't you hold the door open, you would have if you were here with Sugah"

"But you're not Lin, are you?" Joker growl out wishing that Harley would shut up. Truly he was beginning to regret bringing her but Lin had begged him to spend some time with Harley and he figured that he would do that while having this meeting. Killing to boring birds with one stone but Harley being Harley had attempted to talk to him the whole ride to said meeting and never stopped her complaining or whining about this and that. He didn't understand how Lin could find that girl attractive, if it wasn't for her he would have killed her as soon as she got them out of Arkham.

"No, but I can act like her if you want to" Harley beam at Joker, desperately trying to make him happy.

Joker scoff at her and continue walking inside the large storage area and a grin grow on his lips when he see the many people that had gathered at the meeting. It was is first big official meeting since coming out of Arkham and he wanted to know how much of a hit he took this time. "Gentlemen" He grin and throw his arms out as if greeting them as old friends (which they kind of were) and would of kept walking towards them if not for the tiny hands grabbing his arm.

"Puddin', if you don't want me I'll leave and find someone else" She whine "And-and I'll bring Linnie with me"

Joker growl "You will not leave, even if I do not want you you are still MY property, besides Lin would never leave me"

She whimper and curl her arms around herself as if his words slapped her in the face. " You can't own me, I'm a person"

"A very stupid person who is about to get really hurt" Joker interrupt.

"This is stupid, I'm going to go home" Harley tell him and turn to walk away.

"Say goodnight to Lin from me" He calls after her.

A tear slowly drip from her eye when she exits the building. She started regretting helping that stupid clown out of Arkham, she threw away her career for him. And Lin, a voice tells her. She truly thought in the beginning that he loved her and that they would all be together when they came out but she was blinded by love, she saw now that Joker would never love her. He had no need for her other than her keeping his queen happy, and displaying her like a trophy to all his rivals and enemies. He used her as a way to cover up his real queen. Lin on the otherhand, she knew Lin cared deeply for her, maybe even loves her but was that enough to keep Harley there, with him?

She shakes her head, she's just being silly. Joker loves her, he just doesn't know how to show it. I'll make him love me, she thinks to herself.