Chapter 27

Despite Lin scratching at the wig every few seconds the itching just wouldn't let up. This was her first mission together with Joker and even though he was fond of her Lin knew she couldn't afford to mess up, if she did she would either have to kill him or he would kill her. Such was their world, you mess up badly and you die, kill or be killed. The job was simple enough, break out one of his allies from where he was being held in the Gotham police department and then bring said ally back to Joker. Sounded simple enough.

Lin had dressed up for the occasion, opting to lure the cops away by her appeal and some well-placed compliments. She had chosen to wear sunglasses, curled her hair into gently curls that fell down her back, and some form-fitting clothing that showed just enough to appeal but not overly so. If she had been in most places outside of Gotham she would have gone for the more 'innocent' look but the police force in Gotham were dominantly corrupted and dirty ones who didn't care about the innocent.

Most of the officers were out on the streets chasing criminals that Mr J had set up for them, ones that weren't going to get caught anytime soon, if ever. The dirty cops remained inside of the station, some of them on Joker's payroll but some that remained as 'honorable' as one could be when living in Gotham City.

Lin's heels scraped against the floor inside of the police department, her steps shaky and uncoordinated. The steps leading up to the double door had been high, dirty and had many cracks in the cement. She swore that she had seen some dried blood stains on it as well, evidence that the department itself was no exception to the violence outside of it. The doors were wide open and full with bullet holes, probably from a drive-by shooting or any other kind of shooting.

"Showtime" She growled under her breath before fluffing up some of her blonde hair. Light colors were associated with pureness, innocence and good. With her blonde hair, pale skin and her red and black clothing she would make the perfect mix of innocence and sexual allure.

Lin opened the doors and withheld a grin as the cops inside scrambled up in sitting positions and acting like they had been doing so all along. 'Fools' she mused in her head. She could feel the pressure from her hidden gun with every step and it brought a thrill to the whole experience. She let the heavy doors slam shut behind her, not caring at all about the loud, ringing noise it made or the sharp sound of the glass in the doors cracking.

"Good evening, ma'am" One of the cops greet her and tips the front of his hat to her when she walks past him. Lin ignores him, he's one of the paid ones and honestly not worth a single millisecond of her time. She didn't trust people that could be bought like that and lie about it, Joker was honest about his honor and didn't let himself be bought. Sure he might occasionally accept money to do a job but he always ended up killing said person that thought they bought him.

The sound of her heels were louder inside the station, clicking and clacking against the cracked floor that had seen much better days. She kicked a stray coffee mug on the floor, making it roll over to the feet of one of the wide-eyed, corrupted and utterly despicable officer. Lin muffled a scoff and instead plastered a seductive smirk on her face, making sure that she looked at the officers through slightly hooded eyes whenever she turned her eyes on them.

"Is there something we can help you with?" One of the braver cops spoke up, his voice low and deep, probably to sound seductive, but Lin thought he sounded like a pair of dying whales. The officer was thin as a stick and his face was hallowed and grey, like that of an substance abuser. His bony fingers slicked his thin hair back.

"I heard there's a man named Séan here, goes by Jack most of the time. Is that correct?" Lin lowered her tone to a silky smooth, deep tone that she had heard many older women use when they're trying to seduce someone. Lin brushed off a lock of her hair off her shoulder and winked at the cop that followed the movement with eager eyes.