Chapter 26

The creature fell to the ground with a strangled high pitched screech that pierced her ears. Lin's heart began racing with adrenalin as she stared at the massive ammount of black blobs they would have to fight. Her eyes were wide with a mixture of joy and fear, the best mix, if you asked her. It's been a while since she's been able to feel the addictive rush of emotions she felt when she fought, she's missed the scent of gunpowder and the harsh violence of fights. Lin grinned, her lips stretched so wide it felt like she was smiling from ear to ear.

"Jippie kayee, blob of shit" She growled as she aimed at the creature she had shot, it was still convulsing on the floor as if in pain but the motion didn't phase her. This was an enemy and she never pitied the enemy.

Her gun went off with a familiar boom and she stared mesmerized at the bullet as it soared through the air and found its way through the creature's head. A burst of anger filled her at the sight of the corpse, this creature was the reason she was here. She hated the creature, but at the same time she was grateful of it. This creature meant that she was out of her cell and reunited with Harley, this creature meant that she was one step closer to leaving with Jay.

Lin shook her head fervently, she didn't have time to overthink right now. She needed to kill some blobs and then escape, along with Harley if she wanted it, if not she would leave without her. Somehow Lin had always had a feeling it wasn't going to last, Harley had never been cut up for their lifestyle, but she had gotten attached and didn't want the blonde woman to leave her.

The dark haired woman looked up, only to be tackled to the ground by one of the blobs she was trying to kill. The two fell to the ground with a heavy thud, the creature's screeches echoed in her ears as she tried to push it off her. She hit it once, twice, thrice before she managed to push it far enough up that she could kick it in the stomach, making the creature let out a growl and fall to the ground beside her. She panted softly as she struggled to get back on her feet, the creature's wails tuned out and all noise turned into a soft buzzing. Lin forced herself to stand up, reminding herself of how strong she is, that this was child's play and she would get out of it alive.

She raised her gun shakily and pulled the trigger with a stone cold face. This time the creature died at the first shot, and all the other noises from the fight around her came back in one gigantic wave. Her heart raced and a happy grin stretched over the deep frown that used to be on her face. "I've missed this"

Lin kicked the body with her foot, making sure it's dead before lunging towards a blob running towards Chato, who was hiding in one of the alleys with a haunted look in his eyes, like he was remembering something he wished he could forget. All previous fear and weakness she had was cast away, she was running on pure instincts now. She had forgotten much of her training and was getting rusty in her techniques, but she still managed to bring down the blob in one fluid movement. The thing didn't know what hit him before they were wrestling on the ground. She dodged one of its punches and reached into her holster and pulled out a long, sharp knife that she slashed towards him with a low growl. The strike didn't faze it and it continued its frenzied kicks and punches towards her, to which she retaliated with slashes and stabs of her knife. With the other blob she was eager for it to be finished, but here she had the upper hand and didn't mind playing around a bit before killing it.

The creature rolled to the side, which gave Lin an opening to stab him through the head. She let out a small cry when she forced her knife down through the rocky hard interior and into the mushy insides. The creature shrieked and flapped its arms around wildly in an attempt to throw Lin off it, but she held on tighter and dragged the knife in a downward stroke, which made the creature whine in pain, but she ignored it. She had never been squeamish when it came to giving others pain, but a small part of her still felt for the creatures that she was killing. Lin pulled out the knife and forced it back down in another spot on its massive, pulsing head, and easily penetrated the hard surface. It gave one last shaky shiver before it too fell motionless on the cold ground. At this point she was panting heavily, it had been awhile since she had done something like this and it had taken its toll on her.

Her right hand shook slightly as she loosely held the knife in her hand, her legs shook with fatigue and her arms were heavy. Lin sighed and pushed herself to her feet again, she couldn't afford to be this weak when she needed to be strong.

Lin got up on her feet with a newfound strength, she was going to get through this, and she was going to do it with style. She reloaded her gun and shot three blobs in their heads, making them fall to the ground in synch with matching low pitched groans of pain. The blobs didn't move, so she assumed they were dead, didn't matter much anyways. The thrill of battle was back in her veins, and this time she was determined to keep it flowing until the end. She shot one more before she had to reload her gun again. Lin looked to her left, Harley was shooting blobs with a cold indifference that Lin had never seen on the woman before. On her right Killer Croc was tearing apart blobs as if they were made of paper, his muscles bulged with each movement but she couldn't find a single sign of exhaustion in the humanoid. In front of her Flag, his goons and deadshot shot all the blobs they could, but still some made it through. Mountains of empty bullet shells laid on the ground around them, sign of their struggle to keep the blobs contained.

Lin grinned but then it faltered. If only Jay had been there with her... He would embrace her, kiss her, and they would fight. He would make sure none of them came too close to her but still make sure she got to kill some of them. His hair would fall out of place and lay messily against his forehead, and his groans, growls, giggles, cackles and laughter would fill the air. She would join him, and they would dance around in the shells, cackling. He would whisper in his ear and she would giggle and then whisper something worse back, he would growl and smirk. But he wasn't there, and if she ever wanted to see him again she would need to fight.

She shot one of the blobs without looking at it, she knew it hit its mark by the horrible screech the creature made and the thud it made when it hit the ground. Lin was and had always been a fighter, being as weak as she was now wouldn't change that.

She could vaguely hear Flag screaming for something to get off him but she paid him no mind, Flag wasn't her concern. Good riddance. She holstered her gun and brought out her knives again, it was time to get up and personal. She ignored her fellow squad members as they scrambled to save Flag from being abducted by the black blobs of destruction. Lin spotted a bunch of them heading to where Chato was hiding and she rushed towards them, swiping her knives at any blobs she came upon, not caring if it actually killed them, as long as they were wounded and staying out of her way she was happy. She threw one of her knives at the blob closest to him and it hit it right in the head, she threw it so hard the tip of it went out the other end of its head. The blob fell to the ground, and the other blobs turned towards her with loud growls that shook the ground.

Lin tensed before flipping the knife once in her hand and rushed towards the blobs with a war cry. No one hurt her friends and gets away with it. She slashed at the blob closest to her and made a slight twirl as she swiped at the two others, dancing around them in quick, graceful movements that would leave the people around her in awe. She was a whirlwind of beautiful chaos and destruction, the only one capable of matching her was Joker. Lin growled and stuck her knife in the throat of one of the blobs that tried to grab her arm, but she danced away from it, pulling her knife along with her.

Chato pulled the knife she had thrown from where it stuck in the blob's skull and with a slight grunt gave it to her when she danced past him, she gave him a grin in thanks and proceeded to slash with both knives at the remaining blobs that had tried to kill him.

She gave on last grunt and stabbed the last blob in the head with both her knives, making sure to drag him down with her as they fell down to the cold ground. The blob was dead as soon as the knives penetrated his skull. Lin pulled them out of the head and cleaned them off on the clothes that the blob wore.

"You're welcome" She grinned at him, her voice coming out throaty and hoarse in between harsh pants that filled the silence around them. She couldn't hear the shouts of her fellow squad members, the sounds of gunshots or the blobs. They had won, she realised with a giggle.

"I didn't ask for your help" Chato grunted and walked away from her with a deep scowl on his face.

"Not to worry, friend, you didn't need to ask for it" Lin called back with humor in her voice, the rejection of her friendship didn't faze her or discourage her. She would get him to like her.

AN: So when this book is over I am going to: 1. edit it because my writing has changed a lot and the past chapters isn't at the level I want them to be. 2. Write a prequel to it about Joker and Lin. Let me know if you'd like to read the story of how Joker and Lin came to be a couple!