[5.19] Kicked The Stone

AN: I'm still working at the time I posted this and it's midnight here. Omg this is crazy. I'm sorry guys I'm just gonna throw this in and rush back to my mess.

***

The Shinsengumi experienced a supernatural phenomenon that they knew very well what was the root cause.

It first started with first division captain who was casually taking a nap on the patio in his favourite sleeping mask. His mind was running through countless methods to murder the Vice Commander when he heard it.

"Sougo, you always wear that thing when you want to mess with Hijikata-san."

He smirked and pulled the red mask up:

"You don't know the fun of it. It's like bull fighting—"

And there was no one next to him. He was all by himself and the nearest living thing was a sparrow jumping around on the sunny wooden platform.

At night, Sougo stumbled upon Shimaru who was walking around the premise, searching for something. When asked, the quiet captain pointed silently to his ear and Sougo immediately understood. In his case, it was the sound of laughter that came and went with the wind. It pointed towards the direction of a now empty office. The phenomenon started to have a name.

It became more of a horror story when the next day, the two captains heard whimpering in the far end of the warehouse. Upon investigation, they witnessed Yamazaki who was curling up like a panda and talking to himself.

"With out you here, Vice Commander is so much harsher to me. He is now a fully awakened Demon King..."

"I got it on tape, Yamazaki-san." The sadistic prince clicked his recorder "You are under my control now."

That just made the plain man spiraled further into his illusion. In the midst of the night, Kondo heard a scream yelling that God had forsaken them all.

"Huh? That sounds like Yamazaki's voice."

But the gorilla man had no time to waste. He was focusing on getting out of the Shinsengumi in secret. Just as he was about to jump over the wall, a hand tapped on his shoulder which made him fell down on his back:

"I'm sorry (Y/N)! I'm not leaving to stalk Otae I swear! It's a mission! You can check my log!!!"

Kondo opened his eyes, expecting to see the stream of (H/C) hair flowing beautifully and a kind smile that told him his lie was as bad as ever. Instead, he saw three men who gave him nothing but judgement and suspicion. They came to inform him that he too was affected by the Secretary phenomenon.

"TOSHI! WE MISS HER!!!"

Hijikata rubbed his temples annoyingly as he was at loss at what to do. Staring at the four men who was hugging each other and sobbing like kindergarten kids, he was sure this pathetic group was gathered by Sougo just to mess with him.

"It's not even one week..." He tiredly picked up another report "Why don't you get your mind occupied by finishing these tasks that she left behind?"

Ever since she left, the Vice Commander was at the paper desk days and nights, writing and analyzing reports by himself. They were always aware that (Y/N) handled a huge amount of paperwork for them but this was way beyond what he expected. He had no idea that she had to write report explaining to the Director's office why their mayonnaise consumption was always ten times higher than the other units.

And her report that defended mayonnaise as a universal god-like condiment that was absolutely necessary to boost the force's appetites and wellbeing had him in tear.