[1.5] Her Charm

Picture: I'm really fond of the fact that Soraichi's original idea for Gin-san is a Shinsengumi member. He just looks so coool in that uniform. Now if both him and Kamui are members then the Shinsengumi becomes a superpower on Earth already hahaha. Imagine your daily life working with them, plus Sougo (ง ื▿ ื)

This is a special chapter for a super special cameo. Don't feel right if this mini-series is for Bishamonten09 but your favourite character never appear. But his route won't be tied up in the series finale hehe.

***

That day, Kamui picked up an interesting thing on the floor. Normally he couldn't care less but he was being bored to death with the alliance meeting that Takasugi forced him to attend so the thing just happened to catch his full attention.

It was a photo of a girl; it slipped out from the sleeves of the other party's leader who was busy yapping about his plan. The faded colour indicated it was taken a few years ago and the ragged outline shown it was torn off from a bigger group photo. Whoever did this just wanted to keep the part with the girl's face only, and that perked Kamui's interest.

Hmm...If she is a normal acquaintance, how hard could it be to get a normal intact photo, especially for someone in his position? This looks like photo of a dead person that you just can't let go of. Or is it a forbidden love affair? Kamui's hidden detective ability suddenly surfaced after all these years. The vermilion hair boy intriguingly drew out all possible scenarios in his head, neglecting the meeting at hand.

That day, Kamui saw his theory of a dead person went down the drain because he encountered the girl, the exact same one in the photo, who was waiting for the red light across the street. He mindlessly took out the photo piece to compare. Yes. It was her. (H/C) hair. Bright (E/C) eyes. Small frame. With a soft smile on a calm face. His antenna flickered from the raw amusement he felt at the rare turn of events.

They live this close to each other? Hmmm...This girl is a commoner. So, she is either a forbidden love affair or a long-lost sister whose brother is trying to hide from the government grasp. Interesting.

The Yato boy proceeded to track her steps, completely ignoring another scheduled meeting at noon that could be tended to unwillingly by Abuto. Isn't it more important to investigate your alliance's secret affair?

(Y/N) gently laid out food for the stray cats at the abandoned temple. Many felines surrounded her in all shapes and sizes, meowing and rubbing their fur bodies onto her legs, asking for food and hug, but mostly food. Black cat. Calico. Tuxedo. The girl smiled brightly as she caressed their little heads. She loved the kitties so much and often came here to take care of them. Normally Sougo would accompany her but today he was off on a mission and she just sneaked out by herself, something that Hijikata forbade her to do. Really, Vice Commander was so overprotective sometimes. It was not like they can escort her forever.

A soft meowing from the tree attracted (Y/N)'s attention. She was worried to find a small kitten stuck on the branch, unable to come down. Without any hesitation, the girl took matter into her own hands and climbed up the tree. People said only when you climbed a tree you would know how hard it is. Her hands were scratched by the rough tree bark. Her feet kept slipping off the tree trunk. Her hair got tangled with the leaves. The moment she managed to grab the scared kitten, it bit down her hand, hard. Wahh! The girl cried out before slipping her grasp completely, together with the kitten, falling head down to the ground...

That day, Kamui got hold of the mysterious girl in his arms as he walked under the tree, before hearing a small scream and instinctively reacted. They both stared at each other surprisedly.