[5.1] Made A Choice

AN: So this is my new mini-series. Erm... It's dreadful to do this, because I don't know if it's good or fun to read. I-I hope someone will like it!

Thanks to all my awesome friends who support me on every chapter ♡ ♡ ♡

Warning: Slow build-up. Should be 8-10 chapters or more depends on how random I feel. I sincerely pray that I will finish this one. Please hit me if I don't.

Pairing: No one. Reader rejects everyone at the end and becomes a ruler.

I'm just kidding ehehe. I'm still deciding on that and the plot finale. But you know me, I never ignore my man Gin-san.
(つ . •́ _ʖ •̀ .)つ

***

Just from looking at her appearance, nobody would have guessed (Y/N) (L/N) was so stubborn. Once she got her mind fixated on something, she would work hard for it despite anyone's opinion. Her grandmother would randomly say she got it from her late parents before going back to force her to learn sewing. The teenage girl would keep pricking her fingers with needles and pretend to cry the whole week until grandmother surrendered and enlisted her to the village's dojo.

At least learn something that can protect you from this world. The grandmother said on her death bed. Make friends that you can trust, my little (Y/N).

Some mean villagers gossiped that she was such a heartless girl, barely crying a tear during her grandmother's funeral. The next thing she heard was those people wincing in pain as little Sougo intentionally stepped hard on their feet.

"You brat—"

One of the men reached for the little kid who just glared at them deadly. (Y/N) quickly turned to them before they could hurt Sougo but she was stopped by a hand placing on her shoulder. He walked pass her and the look in his eyes was enough to scare them away.

"Shut your mouth. Don't talk about people's pain when you don't understand them."

As they scattered away, he took Sougo's collar and dragged the emo kid back while looking at her over his shoulders:

"Let's go back, (Y/N). Kondo-san is waiting."

Gazing at his back and his long onyx hair that was tied up, (Y/N) smiled in adoration, allowing her heart to beat a different rhythm.

"Yes, Hijikata-san."

The young girl thought she would follow him 'till the end of the world.

In order to do that, she had to become a better person. (Y/N) confidently exclaimed to Shimaru after their sparring session. The quiet boy became her practice partner, and later best friend, just because the other loud-mouth boys in the dojo refused to fight a girl, to which (Y/N) just smiled knowingly. Guy and their ego. Her grandmother told her about that.

But you are already an admirable person.

(Y/N) read Shimaru's thought. She was the only one besides Sougo that had that ability though they didn't know where it came from. At one point (Y/N) deduced it was because they all felt so insecure inside and that connected them on a higher level.

Shimaru was insecure because he thought people wouldn't like the way he talked.

Sougo was insecure because of Hijikata-san, who stole all the attention from him.

(Y/N) was insecure because of Hijikata-san, who stole her heart without even knowing it.

"Not enough, Shimaru. I have to be even better."

With that determination, the girl started studying a lot of things. Mathematics. Languages. Chemistry. Extra dojo practicing. And she did it all with flying colors. The old teachers in school said she took it after her parents who were prodigies in their time. With a smiling face, she answered their questions about her plan for the future: