[3.0] The Apprentice

AN: The second story in my Halloween Bash. Yoo hoo! It's x Gin-san this time
(ง ื▿ ื)ว

I'm sorry that it got so long, and so silly. I almost didn't want to post it but then it's not really a Bash with just 2 stories ahaha.

Please be patient if you choose to read it. It's practically a wall of text
('• ω •') ♡

***

At this time of the day, all Gintoki could think of were his strawberry milk and pudding, chilled out of the refrigerator. He was the kind to crave sweet stuff all the time but right now, after a hectic job out of town, riding back to Kabuki-cho on an empty stomach, nothing could be more important to him than those two precious things. Nothing could stop him from going back to his home sweet home. Well, except...

(Y/N) stared at him for a moment as he stopped his bike next to her. She muttered a "Hi" and continued to walk ahead.

"Oi! You! Greet people properly at least!" He moved his bike backward, asking loudly "Why are you leaving town at this hour? And on foot? Where are you going to?"

"Hi Gin-san. How are you doing? I just finished work so I can only leave at this hour. I want to walk there. I'm going to Kuzoru-cho."

(Y/N) answered all of his questions in one go, with a stoic face which made the other man rolled his eyes. There had always been something strange and puzzling about this girl that kept him on edge. She was the sole employee working at Hedoro's flower shop, the only human that interacted with that Amanto on daily basis. That was already something, but this emo employee rarely talked at all and had the tendency to stay away from people, which was not much help for the business. The only time she ever smiled and talked more than 10 sentences was when Sadaharu walked by.

"Kuzoru-cho? It took at least 3 hours to walk there." He narrowed his eyes "And it's getting dark."

"It's ok."

"It's not! Are you crazy?!" Gintoki yelled, staring into her emotionless (E/C) eyes. This girl is even more of a robot than Tama. There is no telling. Maybe she is one.

He ruffled his hair in defeat, then turned his bike:

"Come. I'll take you there."

She widened her eyes slightly. Now that was a bit of emotion.

"Don't be bother, Gin-san. I'm fine on my own."

"I'm already riding on empty stomach here so don't test my patience. Just get on or I take you back to Kabuki-cho by force." He scowled at her, then looked away and mumbled under his breath "I don't want to give testimony to those Shinsengumi monkeys in case you go missing..."

(Y/N) looked around the rural area and empty roads which were getting dark. She thought carefully, considering all scenarios but the white hair neighbor insisted to put a helmet on her head. He even went so far as to fasten the helmet strap for her, while complaining like a doting mother. Looking at his pouting face in close proximity, she randomly said:

"You are too careless, Gin-san."

"Are you in any position to criticize me?" He got on his bike as she followed suit.

"Do you even know the way to reach there?"

"Of course. I have been around here far longer than you, ok." He started the engine, mumbling "Just hold onto me if I go too fast..."

"Did you say anything?" The girl leaned forward, getting very close to her driver.

"...Nothing."