[5.4] Took The Petal

AN: Hello hello ♡ Another week already. Just 4 more chapters and this year will come to an end.

***

"Horrible betrayal. I cannot believe I devote my life to serve someone that didn't think twice to abandon me."

"I'M SORRY (Y/N)!!! I'm really truly sorry!!! Please!!! I'll do anything to compensate for you!!!"

"Nothing you can do to save me from such humiliation, Isao-san."

"NO NO NO!!! (Y/NNNNN)!!!"

Kondo repeatedly slammed his hands on her room door and yelled desperately as she closed it on him. Retreating to the farthest corner of her room, she calmly combed her wet hair. After the incident, the girl went shower straight and returned to her room to find the Commander kneeling in front remorsefully.

Now the stalking business was nothing, but being splashed water on and ended up embarrassingly in front of an acquaintance was something! Even if that acquaintance may or may not recognise her. She had to make Kondo-san pay the price a bit.

His crying and howling continued on and on until it stopped abruptly and someone knocked on her door:

"(Y/N), it's me."

She quickly straightened her clothes and headed for the door, pouting a bit at the man in front:

"Yes, Vice Commander?"

The normally cool demeanor Hijikata narrowed his eyes at the girl's bold attitude. He clicked his tongue and asked her to go for a walk.

That lit up her mood amazingly. Wandering along the night garden illuminated by the moonlight, (Y/N) felt nervous as she tried to be as natural as possible.

"I heard from Kondo-san. He didn't mean to do it." Hijikata crossed his arms while walking; there was a certain distance between them but the night was quiet and she could hear him clearly "I know how bad it must feel, and it was your day off."

"I-I'm not that angry, Hijikata-san..." She replied shyly "In fact, I'm happy for him. He finally found someone to love. I hope he will get married soon." She smiled, clapping her hands together.

"Why is that?"

"It's a great thing, to marry the one you love and start a family. Actually Matsudaira-san raised the problem to me. He is planning some arranged marriage for Kondo-san." She gasped and informed the other.

"He put his life on the line everyday. Is he really suitable for family life?" Hijikata asked, smiling slightly.

There it was. She unintentionally threw a sharp glance at her Vice Commander and lectured:

"No one is suddenly suitable for family life overnight. As long as both of them set their hearts on it, nothing is impossible." Touching her cheeks hesitantly, (Y/N) realised her tone was a bit harsh "But his mistress doesn't have the heart yet..."

She walked ahead to hide her awkwardness, unaware of Hijikata's soft chuckle.

"From making face at me to protecting Kondo-san real fast. Really... Did you think about it?"

Her pair of (E/C) looked at him questioningly.

"About marriage. How long do you intend to follow this career path? You barely meet any good man in this line of work."

(Y/N) quickly turned her back on him, her face growing red at the sudden and inconsiderate question.

He doesn't have a single idea, does he?!