[5.B2] Fell Dead Silence

AN: I'm here being stupid again y'all.

I wonder... don't we have any Zura lovers in the house? I guess this book has been so Ginsan-centric that it shoos away all other lovers. I'm sorry XD

***

(Y/N) the First Lady was having an affair.

Katsura was sure even though he didn't want to admit that outrageous fact. His head was gonna explode with a thousand questions. How was it possible? Was that guy worthy enough for her to break her promise? Did it start before Gintoki or after Gintoki? Did he even know???

He definitely must have, but judging the situation, Katsura deduced that the perm head also couldn't do anything about it. When it came to (Y/N), it was very hard to accuse her of... cheating.

First of all, she was very open about this Osaka 'friend'.

I was just on the phone with him. The public facilities have fully reopened in Osaka. Isn't that great news? He said he will continue to support your vision. Oh, he also gave me some tips for raising cats!

She told Katsura everything they talked about which didn't give him room for suspicion, but suspicion was still there. Her eyes glittered and cheeks turned pinkish whenever she was on call with the Osaka Chief. Sitting at the balcony, under the moonlight, chirping excitedly for hours. If that wasn't a red flag, Katsura wouldn't know what was.

Another thing that made it absolutely impossible to prove this crime, was that (Y/N) and the guy never met outside before!

We used to send message through our pigeon squad when I first transferred to the Headquarters, and we keep in contact until now. He is an amazing person. Hopefully we all can meet soon!

I hope so too. Lied Katsura while his eyebrows twitched in annoyance. That meant this had been going on for almost four years. Katsura used to exchange letters with (Y/N) so he understood how people could bond over no physical link, but to keep it going for four years? That was some extremely special bond they got which made Katsura have a hunch... that when they finally met...

She would fall head over heels for that guy.

That was even worse than having to give her back to Gintoki. This was both him and Gintoki... lose her to a completely different guy altogether.

Katsura couldn't let it happen, not when Gintoki almost died getting her from the Shinsengumi Vice Commander and Katsura also almost died getting her from that idiot loud mouth disaster, aka. her first husband.

With that said, the Osaka Chief remained as a threat looming over the Prime Minister's marriage, and Katsura secretly sabotaged any chance for them to meet up. If anything came up in Osaka that needed the central government's attention, Katsura's subordinates would be the one going.

However, all that effort meant nothing if one day the lady just up and ran there herself.

Katsura freaked out when he noticed both (Y/N) and Elizabeth had gone off his radar. He almost entered a seizure fit after figuring out that she went to Osaka, for you-know-who.

Flexing every muscle to calm his inner panic and rage, Katsura breathed out evenly to remain as... himself. He needed to remain rational especially in adversity.

As his subordinate announced their private jet had entered the Osaka port, the Prime Minister made it clear in his head that his priority was to find (Y/N) and ensure her safety. Her affair... could be dealt with later.

"Prime Minister Zurump, what an honor for our city."

The Osaka city mayor, Mitsui and his crew was responsible for welcoming the Prime Minister. Katsura knew how hard they had worked to prepare for his detour from Sapporo, which made him feel bad.