[5.2] Lost In Edo

AN: In this timeline they should look older than this. Haha. Still cute though.

Warning: 6,500 words. Sougo being his violent self. Your mission, should you choose to read it.

Murasaki means Purple by the way.

***

"Which subject do you applied for, (Y/N)-san?"

"Mathematics."

"Wah! Me too!"

"Really?! Did you get through Chapter 13?!"

"CHAPTER 13! It took me 1 whole week to understand!"

"1 week? Until now I still don't get it..." (Y/N) giggled cheerfully "I hope they won't test that chapter."

(Y/N) and Katsura happily chit-chat as they walked along the busy streets of Edo. The two top students quickly found a friend in each other. In their circle of acquaintances, there weren't that many people who were interested in advanced mathematics formula and equations, especially the other two students who uncomfortably followed them.

"What is this third wheel situation? Why are we being third wheel to these... nerds?" Gintoki rubbed his temples like an old man. His head still ached as hell after the landing attack from the evil kid.

"It's your fault! You should have just stayed back at school!" Takasugi furrowed his eyebrows.

"I just wanted to sabotage his luggage but you pushed me in and made us stuck!!!" Gintoki yelled loudly in return and Takasugi smacked his head:

"Why did you even play stupid prank like that? You were jealous from all the attention Sensei gave Katsura! Now Sensei must be worried sick at school!"

The two teenagers resorted to childish violence which scared off the other pedestrians, only one emo kid was not afraid of them and he joined in the fun by biting Gintoki's arm.

"Arghh! What's wrong with this brat? Why did he target only me?" Gintoki shook his arm trying to fling Sougo away while avoiding Takasugi's attack but the kid was like a Piranha "Hey you! Take care of your own kid!!!"

Glancing over her shoulder, (Y/N) rushed to the perm head's side. He stumbled behind to avoid Takasugi's kick and fell right into her arms as she quickly knelt down to support him, his back leaning on her chest.

This guy's hair is really fluffy. I cannot see anything ahead. (Y/N) thought while leaning over his shoulder and unintentionally talked into his ear:

"Stay still. Let me deal with him."

She inched to the left where Sougo was and asked nicely, reaching out one hand:

"Sougo, if you cling to other people like that I will be lonely."

The emo kid released his bite and run into her arms. (Y/N) quickly carried him and stood up, letting the white head fell flat on the pavement:

"If you bite strangers, you will contract their disease. Your hair might become fluffy like that." (Y/N) playfully whispered while Sougo nervously touched his smooth shiny straight hair, refraining from biting people ever again.

Gintoki bolted up from his spot, one hand pressing again his left ear that was tingling as a heavy blush flushed across his face:

"Y-You woman! Whose hair are you—"

Without the kid seeing, she put her index finger over her mouth and winked at him with a playful smile before walking towards Katsura.

Left behind with a tomato face that kept growing hotter and a strangely rapid heartbeat, Gintoki was frozen in his spot. The whole saga made Takasugi cringed uncomfortably as he remarked: