[10.0] The Girl From Nagasaki

AN: I'm... not dead yet haha

My life is rolling down hill and I did write 100 words here to rant about rolling down hill but this chapter doesn't deserve my negativity. I will save it for future angst chapters.

On that note, this is the first request of the event! It's xGinsan and it's... kinda long, probably boring as heck too. Forgive me as I'm only half of the writer I used to be nowadays.

Warning: 13,000 words. It's really long haha

***

Gintoki made a mental note that he hated his life while walking through the empty land with a huge bag of grocery. It was Sunday and he was supposed to sleep until noon, then watch a record of today's weather forecast, then sleep until night, then go to the Pachinko without doing any work.

Maybe Kagura had a point to say such routine was his life everyday but still, today was Sunday and no one worked on Sunday!

Anyway, Kagura kicked him out of the house and wouldn't let him come back in until he completed this one request so here he was. At least it was not a complex task. He just needed to buy grocery and deliver to an old woman who lived alone.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! DON'T YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR THE ELDERLY!"

Someone certainly had it worse than him on Sunday. At the house that was his destination, a young woman ran out and fell down at the gate. Her papers were scattered on the ground as she glanced back in a panic. She didn't make it out in time when the owner of the residence, Granny Hana, splashed a full water bucket at her.

"DON'T EVER COME BACK AGAIN!"

The Granny, who was in her 70s and looked as dried up as a prune, yelled aggressively from her spot. It seemed like she was gonna throw the bucket at the young woman too at this rate.

"H-Hey..."

Gintoki intervened without knowing exactly what to do, but the moment the Granny noticed him, she flashed the friendliest and kindest smile ever:

"Ah the Yorozuya kid! When did you arrive? Come in come in!"

"Well... I—"

The Granny came to Gintoki and pulled him by the arm, happily dragging him into her house. She was the Yorozuya's frequent customer and every time they came by, she always welcomed them with the nicest attitude, so Gintoki was honestly surprised to see such a scene.

As the Granny dragged him pass the girl, he took a glance at her wondering what she did wrong. The water was dripping from her hair to the pile of documents in her hands. She looked at him hesitantly before shifting her eyes to the Granny, but the latter already ignored her existence.

As the gate closed threateningly behind her, (Y/N) breathed out to soothe the accumulated stress. After a while, the girl in the business suit wobbled to the bus stop and sat down, knowing that no bus was going to come. With the pocket tissue paper that she carried, she carefully dabbed the documents dried before cleaning the water on her arms and legs.

"Ouch..." She whined slightly at the sign of a small cut on her knee.

"So I heard—"

"AAAAAHHH!!!"

"OI! WHAT THE HELL!?"

The Yorozuya boss's sudden voice surprised (Y/N) and she screamed so loud that he in turn was startled.

Taking a few seconds to recognize the silver hair man, (Y/N) muttered an apology and picked up her dropped tissue:

"S-sorry... I get scared easily..."