[7.1] Summer Route

AN: Anyone still remember me? I'm still here waiting for your love! This book has reached 10,000 views and 800 votes while I was away. Isn't that great? (ง ื▿ ื)ว

This is a request from long long time ago. It's such a challenging piece to write that makes me consider deleting my account so the requestor cannot find me anymore haha.

Warning: Please lower your expectation a lot because this one is just bad ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

***

(Y/N) came to the realization that the world she lived in behaved in a very particular way.

There were cute guys and girls, all kinds, just magically be at places whom you could bump into. There were unexpected encounters waiting to happen just around the corner that could easily escalated into romantic situation. Anytime one walked out of their 'safe house', they had to calculate the route carefully to avoid falling in... relationships.

Just the other day while (Y/N) was rushing to work, she slipped down a flight of stairs and was caught by a notably handsome man with a weird giant duck. His eyes were kind and he had the gentlest smile when he asked her to be more careful. (Y/N) gratefully thanked him, but the moment he made small talk, she bolted out and never to be seen on that route again.

On another day, she encountered another handsome young man who protected her from a group of thugs. He was the coolest policeman (Y/N) had ever seen and she admitted that her blood rushed a bit at his attractive blue eyes. However, he had to offer to take her home, and she darted right off with no regret.

Her brothers said that she was paranoid, but she knew better. Their world was just a giant otome game and she refused to be a 'player' at all cost. If anything, (Y/N) considered herself an NPC - non-player character whose sole purpose was to sell things and gave guidance to other 'players'.

So it was a bit tricky when the route was triggered during her work. It was so natural that (Y/N) didn't notice it was an 'event' at first because she was just doing her job as a clothing store sales staff. On the first day of summer, there was a man who was desperate to buy a sun coat for his daughter because he accidentally destroyed hers in an accident. Apparently someone gifted his daughter that coat and he needed to replace it with an identical one before she knew.

Luckily they had stock for that item, but when he flipped the price tag, (Y/N) literally saw his soul flew out of his shell and his face became whiter than his hair.

She repeatedly told the customer that he shouldn't mope in public but his apathetic state touched her sympathy. After telling herself three times that she didn't need to do this for a stranger, the kind-hearted (Y/N) took out her own membership card and spent all her points to exchange a 50% discount voucher. For a stranger.

Packing the item into the shopping bag, the NPC took a glance at that happy puppy eyes and talked softly:

"But you should just tell your daughter the truth..." She giggled at how a father with such a big daughter could be so immature at times "... All it needs is just a sincere apology... from the bottom of your heart."

The customer took a full minute thinking about her advice before saying with a straight face:

"She is not my daughter. I just said so to appear pitiful and get a discount. It works sometimes."